First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hello All, its a great pleasure to finally connect in and share back with the community after lurking as a guest for two years! I enjoy seeing all the posts, especially the ones that gives some suggestions and tips for modifications and photos of how people Si's are looking today! There is a lot of positivity and knowledge on the is forum and I look forward to sharing my experiences as a person that is brand new to modifying vehicles with no experience in mechanics.

I have been stockpiling aftermarket parts for awhile now, and prior to making the big jump to do all the installs I was able to trade in my 2017 Blue Si for a 2019 Blue Si! I got a crazy good deal from dealer and am happy with my decision and enjoy my new knobs and buttons on my radio. I contemplated trading in for a Type R but decided against it due to the additional cost and I knew what ever vehicle I get I will ended up modifying it regardless.

Another reason I stuck with the Si is because I had recently purchased the Konig Freeform 18x8.5 +35 rims with Falken FK510 rubbers 235/40/18. I made the decision after a year of contemplation on which rims to get, I chose these based on how they look on other Civicx members cars, their weight and their overall cost. The quality is as good as what I paid in terms of their finishing, but I absolutely love them! The Falken FK510 rubbers was a no brainer based on research on the web, and they totally transformed the handling of my car and work fantastic in the rain. I cannot wait until next spring to get them back on. The slightly wider stance with the offset also makes a big difference in the cars appearance.

The first thing I did with my new 2019 Civic straight out of the dealership was take it to get ceramic coated with a local company Vehicle Protection Solutions. Prior to coating the car they gave it a full paint correction. I highly recommend that any car gets paint corrected prior to sealing it all with the ceramic pro, this is just one of the great pieces of information I got from being on this forum. I questioned whether to do this, as it was quite a bit more money to add the paint correction. While I got this work done, I also had the company do a chrome delete, which in my opinion is a must and totally improved the appearance of the vehicle. My car is completely swirl free and protected!

Below is a photo of the chrome delete wrap, and another photo of the paint after the correction and before the ceramic pro was applied
Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 Civic Si Build Thread in Wintery Manitoba IMG_1562 (Small).JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 Civic Si Build Thread in Wintery Manitoba IMG_1467 (Small).JPG

As I mentioned I am new to automotive mechanics, I decided to start simplest to most complicated. First on the install list is the Acuity shifter cable bushings. Installation took four hours! Mainly because it took a long time to get those C clamps off, and I see on this forum some people did this and some people did not. I did not want to risk damaging my cables so I took the time to remove them. A trick to this is to use a stubby flat head as there is not much space, and I also used a shelf bracket to help shimmy the clamp loose.
Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 Civic Si Build Thread in Wintery Manitoba IMG_1528 (Small).JPG

I also dropped a screw down the engine bay, so I had to jack up the car and remove the bottom panel. There are quite a few good videos on YouTube that demonstrates how to remove the bottom panel, also good videos that help in how to remove the battery to access the shifter bushings. The thing I recommend for this install is a lot of patience!
Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 Civic Si Build Thread in Wintery Manitoba IMG_1531 (Small).JPG

After install I took it for a drive and I was very satisfied with the change in shifter feeling. This modification I recommend! I cannot wait to install the base bushing, rocker arm and shifter spring, they are on back order and I should be getting next week!

Next on the list I installed the Mishimoto Short Ram Intake.
Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 Civic Si Build Thread in Wintery Manitoba IMG_1558 (Small).JPG

I followed Mishimoto's install video and I must say it was bang on, it made it very easy to do the install. Knowing how good these instructions are I would never hesitate to try installing another Mishimoto product myself. The only tip I have for this install is when you remove the existing airbox, you have to give it a good pull as the existing air box has a flanged connection underneath. I have only put a few miles on so far, but my immediate impression is different from what I have read online. I did not get a louder whoosh, but perhaps I will give it some more miles and perhaps drive a little harder to see if it makes a difference.

I give another update in the next two weeks after I do the next phase of installs, which is my Whiteline RSB, Accord End Links, Type R sub frame brace and Hasport 62A mount!

Again, thanks to this forum I was educated with the tips on buying the Accord end links to replace our plastic ones as well as the affordable upgrade to get the Type R sub frame brace. I had to wait to install the Whiteline RSB as the bushings package did not come with the lubricant. When I chatted with them on their website chat, they told me they were grease free bushings. My spidey senses was telling my that is not actually true, so I got a hold of Erick at Whiteline in California and he told me no, they do need the grease, so he is sending me some in the mail in the next few days. Below is a photo of the inside of the Whiteline bushing that requires the grease, and show the texture to help hold the grease in place.
Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 Civic Si Build Thread in Wintery Manitoba IMG_1282 (Small).JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 Civic Si Build Thread in Wintery Manitoba IMG_1552 (Small).JPG

My recommendation is to be cautious of asking technical questions to aftermarket companies through their website's online tool, but rather give them a call or send them an email and hopefully you get the right person!

Well I think this is enough for my first post, I will update shortly in a few weeks!

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan - Aegean Blue Metallic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hello Canadian twin :)

Looking forward to the direction you take yours!

OP
OP
ManitobaSI

ManitobaSI

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well I haven't found the time to do more installs but I recently installed Whiteline Springs two weeks ago at a reputable shop. It was quite an adventure. I originally chose these as they were the least amount of drop between all the brands. Some of the facts; the geometry between the two front springs where slightly different and Whiteline would not provide a technical reason for the variance. Whiteline advised two conflicting directions with trimming the bump stops, first only trim the rear, and then changed to only trim the front. We just trimmed the front. The printing on the springs was stamped upside down, but they insisted to my installer that they must be writing side up so you can read. They advertised 20mm drop all around, after two weeks the rear drop is 19mm each side, front driver is 11mm and front passenger is 9.5mm. I know it will take a while to settle a bit more, but really hasn't settled much after two weeks. I am going to wait a few months for an alignment and can report back then, its a cold winter here so it may take some time to break in. Initially, driving home from the shop they were so stiff, but they have softened up a bit since then. If I could do it over again I would have gotten the Eibach Pro-Kit, which I may end up doing in the Spring just to have some piece of mind that the springs were properly tested with the factory dampers. I picked up some 20mm Garageline Spacers and I hope to get them in over the holidays, and can report back if there is any rubbing. The thought I have for the spacers is I can have a similar winter geometry to my summer geometry (remove the spacers and install the Konig's) so my alignment is consistent.
Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 Civic Si Build Thread in Wintery Manitoba CarLower
Sponsored