Frivets

First Name
Felipe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport Sedan
Country flag
Anyone have removed or know how to remove the spoiler from the 2019 honda civic sport sedan?

Looking to replace it and I don´t know if it´s possible. Also, I´m leaving a trunk swap as a last resort only.

Any help would be great! Thanks
Sponsored

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
are you talking about the little trunk lip? if i remember its held on by 1 screw to the right side, 3m tape and 6-7 clips. the clips can be accessed from the underside of the trunk via removing the black cover from the inside. that piece is held by several clips. the clips can be seen through small slits under the trunk. need a long flat head to release the clips. its tricky becase of the 3m tape, once you release the clip, i used severval small plastic cards to slip between the lip once it was lifted so the tape wouldnt restick to the trunk.

i know this is a long explantion, but yeah, that little thing is a bitch to remove. honda made super sure it was secure on there,lol

OP
OP

Frivets

First Name
Felipe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport Sedan
Country flag
are you talking about the little trunk lip? if i remember its held on by 1 screw to the right side, 3m tape and 6-7 clips. the clips can be accessed from the underside of the trunk via removing the black cover from the inside. that piece is held by several clips. the clips can be seen through small slits under the trunk. need a long flat head to release the clips. its tricky becase of the 3m tape, once you release the clip, i used severval small plastic cards to slip between the lip once it was lifted so the tape wouldnt restick to the trunk.

i know this is a long explantion, but yeah, that little thing is a bitch to remove. honda made super sure it was secure on there,lol
Sorry for the late response man. I was out of town. But yeah, I´m referring to that little trunk lip. So clips, 3m tape and a screw! It´s going to be rough to take it off, I thought it was a bit easier.
Did you remove it by yourself?

Last edited:

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
The first half of this video gives you a condensed version of the spoiler removal. It's definitely a pain in the ass.

OP
OP

Frivets

First Name
Felipe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport Sedan
Country flag
The first half of this video gives you a condensed version of the spoiler removal. It's definitely a pain in the ass.

You’re right, though he made it look so simple. The 2019 sedan sport trunk spoiler is way smaller. Had hope it could be a 5min job haha

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sorry for the late response man. I was out of town. But yeah, I´m referring to that little trunk lip. So clips, 3m tape and a screw! It´s going to be rough to take it off, I thought it was a bit easier.
Did you remove it by yourself?
yeah i did it my self, in the vid that GT linked, the part where you have to keep spacers in between is a must, otherise the clips will reset and 3m will bond again, lol

Mikeguyver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 civic ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

I noticed he didn't address the holes left from the first spoiler. They should have been sealed before installation of the new one. Hind sight is 20/20.

OP
OP

Frivets

First Name
Felipe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport Sedan
Country flag
Good luck, but what are you going to do with those holes?

Wing.jpg
I´m gonna install a trunk led spoiler (like the civic si coupe). It covers all those holes.

It was hard for you to remove it??

Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 Civic Sedan Sport Spoiler Removal led_spoiler

hikaru

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sedan 1.5T, 2009 Accord Sedan 2.4 LX-P, 2000 Civic Sedan EK4
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I´m gonna install a trunk led spoiler (like the civic si coupe). It covers all those holes.

It was hard for you to remove it??

led_spoiler.jpg
Nope, I'm having the Si spoiler.

Aggiebrett

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport Sedan
Country flag
Read through this and other similar threads-- has anyone yet found a simple effective trick for getting those damned clips to release? Is there some specific tool that works better than the arsenal of implements I've tried using without much success?
Sponsored