2019 Civic Reveal

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Regardless something is coming as Acura has posted it on their site: https://www.acura.com/future-vehicles
It's just another refresh it seems. Motortrend or Car and Driver posted a recent patent filing from Acura of the new ILX. Totally the same exact car except for the new grill design. There may be other minor updates as well, but it's probably just another cosmetic update, which makes no sense to me, or anyone.
Sponsored

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No. Is that a problem?
Not a problem. But you might get roasted in car forums. Brush up a bit on your auto maker smarts. For reference:
Honda=Acura
Toyota=Lexus
Hyundai=Genesis
VW=Audi/Porsche/Lamborghini
Nissan=Infinity
GM/Chevy=Cadillac
Ford=Lincoln
Fiat/Chrysler=Alfa Romeo

Just for future reference. A lot of Honda discussions will call in comparisons to Acura because they’re all using the same (or similar) platforms and engines because they are the same automaker.

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ridgeline RTL-E (Thanks to the CTR markups)
Country flag
Keep checking for part numbers. Something tells me that Honda will quietly upgrade the clutch like they did with other parts in previous generations.
That for me will be the best refresh ever.

Luckyarmpit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 VW Golf R, 2003 Wrangler TJ
Country flag
There may be a refresh in 2019 but it will be insignificant as the cars are selling great. Don't expect much. Hell The Si and R have only been out 2 years. Expect nothing for them and maybe you will get something dumb like a volume knob
I think it's been well-documented here and on other forums that the addition of a volume knob would be VERY welcome, and far from being 'dumb'. The infotainment system on the Si is pretty much the Si's Achilles Heel. So much so that if the infotainment system is significantly updated in 2019/2020, I'd probably trade in my 2017.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Interesting. The changes are so minor they're almost unnoticeable, except that the front/rear "vents" look like they've been reshaped or had elements added to them. I'd be more inclined to wonder, as the article said, if this isn't an updated model as much as a new variant for the Type R as Honda said they wanted to do in the future to maintain sales/interest of the model.

MuffinMcFluffin

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Honda Civic EX, 2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I didn't ever mind the front vents, especially since parts of them were open. It's the rear vents that were obtrusive.

Ataricade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
I think it's been well-documented here and on other forums that the addition of a volume knob would be VERY welcome, and far from being 'dumb'. The infotainment system on the Si is pretty much the Si's Achilles Heel. So much so that if the infotainment system is significantly updated in 2019/2020, I'd probably trade in my 2017.
It’s totally not a big deal.

I expect a very minor update if there is one. Like I said you may get your knob

Zatannaz

First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring Rallye Red
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Makes sense tho they would save refresh for 2020. It’s a pretty major year and start of new decade.

sillyrabbit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Country flag
The Touring model badly needs rear cross traffic alert and blind spot monitors.
Sponsored