2019 Civic HBS CVT Cooler DIY

fkseven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7
Country flag
Hey guys,

I am going to put on a mishimoto transmission cooler, but I saw that PRL had discontinued their trans cooler. They used a different cvt warmer plate that bolted to the upper part of the transmission right below the air-box. Anyone think it is possible just to run new lines from the existing warmer setup to the new trans-cooler or is it going to mess up things with the warmer plate.
Sponsored

Civii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
Where do the existing lines go to? I never followed them up to see where they go. I would assume you can if the plate just acts as a mount for the lines. On another thread I also assumed you can just get any radiator about the same size of the oil coolers and just hook up some hoses to it and it should work. In theory it sounds like it can work but the real world is always different.

OP
OP
fkseven

fkseven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7
Country flag
Where do the existing lines go to? I never followed them up to see where they go. I would assume you can if the plate just acts as a mount for the lines. On another thread I also assumed you can just get any radiator about the same size of the oil coolers and just hook up some hoses to it and it should work. In theory it sounds like it can work but the real world is always different.
Existing lines go from cvt warmer to a small cvt cooler located somewhere idk in fenderish area, but trans fluid is not cooled through the radiator. PRL also had a piece that pretty much deleted this piece but idk if I can just use the stock cvt warmer body to mount up the hoses as is or if I need this specific piece.

Attaching a pic of the piece I'm talking about.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 Civic HBS CVT Cooler DIY Screenshot (849)
Sponsored