2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring (Just Purchased)

hondamitch51

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring ; 2016 CRV Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
And it just gets better.
I went out today and put on the Meguairs leather balm on the seats. Only me in the car. Vacuumed the drivers high wall mat and then I wipe it and the pedals with a warm rag. OCD. Windows cleaned with Griots cleaner and their PFM (Pure Freakin Magic) which really leaves no streaks better than newspaper. I keep a little flash light in the car so I can see when I vacuum. Rechargeable battery.

2019 Touring rivals the Cadillac ride. Amazing! And still at 37 MPG. No real performance mods just comfort add ons. Never had the Honda Safety Features before. She likes to drive herself. Love the LKAS. Adaptive Cruise and Auto Brights. Power Seats are awesome. So much comfort after a long day and a long commute.

HiFi? I listen to Classical/Opera. It is fine and I keep the volume at 14/15. Or radio 90.1 HD2. Perfect. Better than Mini Cooper Harmon Kardon. Running 18K miles a year I will trade at 5 years. I don't want to try and rip out and modify stereo. It is not bad. Better than most. The infotainment system a bit slow but then so am I. No worries. Just think, in another 5 years as was my last car this will seem so out dated. Sad but true.

Moonroof is awesome. Especially as I vape and like to have an opening somewhere although vaping is not smoking and the windows don't get screwed up plus no ashes all over the place.

Black car and the dealer tinted the windows. Great move. Looks awesome. Washing it is a dream. You really get to know a car by washing it. The Mini Cooper I had was hard to wash and this is easy. The fog lights are easy to wash. Just try reaching for the Mini Coopers. You feel the difference. Even waxed inside the doors with Carnauba wax. The smell and that shine of a black car. WOW!

Quiet? Very. They added insulation to the 2019. Hardly hear any outside noise. Amazing. And this is an Civic? I tried the Cadillac and CLA Mercedes. I can tolerate more imperfections in a Civic but spending upward of 50K not so much and those car have issues as well. Nothing is perfect just remember that fact.

So the car that likes to take control and drive herself. I call her Christine. After the book. Those who have read it will understand I work with many shitters. I just wish she would take care of business when i am sleeping. Please go out and take care of them!

Work is stressful. Especially for a CPA. Nothing like jumping into a nice car for a long commute home. And even better having that nice car not costing 50K for more. In the end, with work and such. I spend more time with my car than my wife. Long hours as most CPA's. Home dinner and bed. Not much else. So if you spend at least 2 or more hours a day commuting what would you rather drive? The Civic is perfect.

Do I regret not getting a Cadillac or Mercedes? Just wait until the first oil change and then I will tell you. Looking for reasonable maintenance. Most of my colleagues drive a Benz. Impress with dress drive to save money. I just want the comfort/amenities. Certainly Civic has that and more. Besides, the Hatchback is stylish. Love the looks. Two Spoilers. Wow.
Great post and review! I feel exactly the same way!
Sponsored

Brakes88

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 TYP SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Welcome! :) I have a 18 Hatchback Sport touring too, assuming the 19 sport hatch doesn't change any shape as the 18, this is the factory mud guard that would fit ;)
Part number: 08P00-TGG-100A

And the audio, I've rooted the head unit, and the third party apps are able to be installed, and I choose to put an equalizer app on and that does improves the sound. But factory setting wise, with that many speakers and even a sub, it's already better than what my other car has, haha
Rooted? Like the "Honda hack"? Can you send me any info? I'm considering an aftermarket setup but if I can get more from stock for alot less money that would be best!
Thanks!

ocbooger

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

yhkwok

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 Galant ES 2.4, 18 Sienna XLE (FWD), 18 FK7 ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Rooted? Like the "Honda hack"? Can you send me any info? I'm considering an aftermarket setup but if I can get more from stock for alot less money that would be best!
Thanks!
Ironically, one of my speaker just have some problem lately, still troubleshooting lol
But I guess HondaHack is fine here :)

I was lucky enough to find the developer mode passcode for my 18, and I don't know if anyone have find one for the 19 yet... But there's different ways to do it...

Being able to enter the developer mode myself, I used the traditional way of pushing the file in through my computer, debug mode enabled, and bought myself a USB A to A cable...

Or you could go with the easier way, while you have Wi-Fi and access to the browser in the HU, use the online method described in the XDA link ocbooger given, that should be the easiest.

Once your HondaHack is installed, you can treat it like any android device, only it's kinda slow, so be patient :)

Giltibo

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Accord Coupe 5MT. '18 Civic Sport Touring 6MT (Both Red!)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
As you can see on my avatar, I drive a Rallye Red Sport Touring 6MT since November 2017. The car is lovely, with very few complaints. Fuel consumption is incredible, handling is awesome. Long term, I hope it's as boringly reliable as my other vehicle, a 2008 Accord Coupe 5MT, that has needed only regular maintenance and wear items in its 220 000Km.

OP
OP
kg4fxg

kg4fxg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring Black
Country flag
Still love the car. 5,200 miles and oil says still 50%. I added the rear view dash cam (Blackvue) short cable so it is mounted above the rear view mirror where all the civic cameras are located. No need to run a 30 foot cable. It sees what I see in the rear view mirror. In my state no front license plates anyway. Occasionally I use a sticky mat for a battery powered radar detector (Passport Solo S4). That is all I have added.

I am amazed at how well it rides. I can't compare to say Cadillac. But worlds different from the two seater Mini Cooper Coupe. All that said, not sure more expensive car means better ride. I don't drive fast at my age. Mostly cruise control at speed limit. But I like a nice ride.

Only me in the car. Simple vacuum high wall mat, wipe with damp rag. Looks like new. Spray sent in rear as I have hand towels (rear seat) and bath towel in hatch to spray scent. Hardly gets dirty also use electric can air to spray dust out of car and display's. Better than when I bought it.

Feature I like most. Auto Dimming headlights. To avoid the interstate stuff. Yes, I use the LKAS. Love that as well. Miles per gallon 35 - 37 mpg.

So, if I bought a Mercedes CLA or Cadillac I wonder what I would be missing? The oil change bill and service costs? Would the ride be that much better? Commute is 2 hours a day. Total. Not disappointed.

Tanuktun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Ex Hatchback
Country flag
Congrats on the new ride!

My dealer gave me the same b.s. about the mud guards. I swear, our Georgia dealers just have no clue. These are the Factory Honda guards (Part number: 08P00-TGG-100A) that I ordered from College Hills Honda and installed myself. After shipping, I think it was about $72 and took a whole whopping hour to install. The fronts took about 10 mins; the rear, a bit longer as I worked around drilling into the lower lip as per Honda's instructions.

front:
40417585_171538350351980_2876108979862241280_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent.fatl1-2.jpg

Rear:
40390848_2208875049355901_442910419271548928_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_ht=scontent.fatl1-1.jpg

how did you work around drilling the rear bumper lip?
Sponsored