2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring (Just Purchased)

ocbooger

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I use AA most of the time for the convenience but when I use BT Viperfx for Android makes a huge difference.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring (Just Purchased) Screenshot_ViPER4Android_FX_20181220-172639

Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring (Just Purchased) Screenshot_ViPER4Android_FX_20181220-172644

Dis4Damion

First Name
Damion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
Great review! Thanks! I'm waiting for my 2019 Hatch Sport Touring in Sonic Grey Pearl. My dealer says hard to get due to the unusual and popular new color. My lease is up on my 2016 Civic Touring in silver, also has been a great car.
I hope to get the Hatch sometime in January after the holidays! Can't wait!
The hatch is where it's at, I'm happy you got the Sonic Grey, it's an IMPOSSIBLE color to get right now.

Last edited:

hondamitch51

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring ; 2016 CRV Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The hatch is where it's at, I'm happy you got the Sonic Grey, it's an IMPOSSIBLE color to get right right now.
Yes, my dealer says that he might be able to get one for me sometime in January [if I'm lucky]. Luckily, my lease isn't up until April on my 2016 Civic Touring! I'm a long time Honda owner and have been with my dealer for over 20 years and this is the first time that I'm waiting this long to get my car.

Dis4Damion

First Name
Damion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
Yes, my dealer says that he might be able to get one for me sometime in January [if I'm lucky]. Luckily, my lease isn't up until April on my 2016 Civic Touring! I'm a long time Honda owner and have been with my dealer for over 20 years and this is the first time that I'm waiting this long to get my car.
Well, at least you have a great car until whenever it shows up!

OP
OP
kg4fxg

kg4fxg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring Black
Country flag
34 mpg so far and 300 miles on the car. Had the Clear Bra added - whole hood. Sweet.

The navigation is outstanding. Even tells you the posted speed limit. Love the voice activation features. Trying to think of what I like most..... Power Seats, Moonroof (Really missed that in the last car), Sound System is great but I mostly listen to Classical Music. LKAS, FCW, ACC (Safety Features), Tons of storage room in front. Love the cup holders and added a holder for vaping mod in one cup holder. Instrument panel is awesome! While dealer threw in High Wall rubber mats, I like them. I wish there was rubber behind the gas pedal but I vacuum often (dedicated vacuum in garage next to Griot's rolling cart). Arm rest is very comfortable, more of it and in love with it compared to Mini. Car has plenty of acceleration. I was concerned coming from a Mini Coupe S. Plenty of power if you need it. Love the auto headlights. I never used bright lights often for fear of forgetting they were on. This feature is really good and dead on. I can see the road and any debris. And I don't have to worry about dimming headlights! Wow. Car is very quiet (no radio) just driving. Such a pleasure.

I picked up some small bungee cords to keep my cargo organizer in place. Will put a nice glasses cleaning kit in car as infotainment system get dusty. Like a clean screen. Amazing car for the price.

So what does it lack? Not much. What did I have in the Mini I missed? Not much. Power folding mirrors. Do I really need it? I can manually fold them in the garage over the weekend. Some rave about cooled seats? Never had that feature. Memory seats? I am the only driver. Might get out of sync when I take it for service - so what? Mini had adaptive headlights, they would turn. I would rather have auto brights on. Both had intermittent wipers. Auto lock is sweet. Just walk away and it locks. I doubt I will use remote start but freaked out my daughter with it as I called my car Christine after the movie and had it start in front of her! Only time used. She parks in my garage.

So, of the choices (Cadillac, Audi, Lincoln, BMW, Mercedes) what am I missing? And yes I have watched detail car reviews on You Tube. More money, more expensive insurance and repairs, I like luxury and affordability. I drive 65 miles a day or in four years about 88K. I need a disposable car, with that mileage repairs are expensive. But hold on. At 100K I should not worry. Honda should last longer than 100K. And cheaper than the above mentioned cars. Oh yeah, there is no auto rear window screen, or buttons to make the rear head seats go up and down. Toys. In reality, when you are driving down the road listening to music what else is there? This isn't a 747 ready for take off.

Any Honda is great value. Thoughts? Seeing how folks personalize them is great. Make it your own and love it. I am overly impressed. And ever better, I can afford to have the oil changed. Does it get any better?

hondamitch51

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring ; 2016 CRV Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Great review
34 mpg so far and 300 miles on the car. Had the Clear Bra added - whole hood. Sweet.

The navigation is outstanding. Even tells you the posted speed limit. Love the voice activation features. Trying to think of what I like most..... Power Seats, Moonroof (Really missed that in the last car), Sound System is great but I mostly listen to Classical Music. LKAS, FCW, ACC (Safety Features), Tons of storage room in front. Love the cup holders and added a holder for vaping mod in one cup holder. Instrument panel is awesome! While dealer threw in High Wall rubber mats, I like them. I wish there was rubber behind the gas pedal but I vacuum often (dedicated vacuum in garage next to Griot's rolling cart). Arm rest is very comfortable, more of it and in love with it compared to Mini. Car has plenty of acceleration. I was concerned coming from a Mini Coupe S. Plenty of power if you need it. Love the auto headlights. I never used bright lights often for fear of forgetting they were on. This feature is really good and dead on. I can see the road and any debris. And I don't have to worry about dimming headlights! Wow. Car is very quiet (no radio) just driving. Such a pleasure.

I picked up some small bungee cords to keep my cargo organizer in place. Will put a nice glasses cleaning kit in car as infotainment system get dusty. Like a clean screen. Amazing car for the price.
Great review and I can't wait to get mine in January!

So what does it lack? Not much. What did I have in the Mini I missed? Not much. Power folding mirrors. Do I really need it? I can manually fold them in the garage over the weekend. Some rave about cooled seats? Never had that feature. Memory seats? I am the only driver. Might get out of sync when I take it for service - so what? Mini had adaptive headlights, they would turn. I would rather have auto brights on. Both had intermittent wipers. Auto lock is sweet. Just walk away and it locks. I doubt I will use remote start but freaked out my daughter with it as I called my car Christine after the movie and had it start in front of her! Only time used. She parks in my garage.

So, of the choices (Cadillac, Audi, Lincoln, BMW, Mercedes) what am I missing? And yes I have watched detail car reviews on You Tube. More money, more expensive insurance and repairs, I like luxury and affordability. I drive 65 miles a day or in four years about 88K. I need a disposable car, with that mileage repairs are expensive. But hold on. At 100K I should not worry. Honda should last longer than 100K. And cheaper than the above mentioned cars. Oh yeah, there is no auto rear window screen, or buttons to make the rear head seats go up and down. Toys. In reality, when you are driving down the road listening to music what else is there? This isn't a 747 ready for take off.

Any Honda is great value. Thoughts? Seeing how folks personalize them is great. Make it your own and love it. I am overly impressed. And ever better, I can afford to have the oil changed. Does it get any better?

OP
OP
kg4fxg

kg4fxg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Was able to finally detail the interior. I found two more speakers in the back seat on the pillars near the head rests. The leather feels amazing. I used some Meguiar's leather spray. Just something light to touch all the surfaces. Similar product for non-leather surfaces as well. The doors are very solid. Leather and non-leather parts. They feel incredible. More solid than the Mini and it had led lights in all the doors. It appears to be put together better and easier to clean with the curves/contours. The window buttons are not wells to collect dirt or liquid cleaner. Plastic around the front seats feel complete and solid. Dash is easy to wipe down. Amazing the dust or sort of a white milky film (gone now) but it was supposed to have been detailed at the dealer. OK, I am a bit OCD and over the top with lots of Griot products as well. I guess my definition of detail and the dealer is two different things? No big deal. The only way to now if there are scratches, issues, other problems is to give the car a good gentile cleaning. And in the process you see first hand this is a quality interior. I am impressed. Had BMW, Toyota & Mini Cooper in the past to compare it against.

Picked up a jar of small bungee cables to anchor my trunk organizer from sliding around.
The comments I get are amazing. I think folks still think of Civic as something from the 80's. I need to figure out what I can use on the tinted windows to clean them. With the clear bra I am not suppose to wash for a month. This time of year I am fine with that too cold outside.

BTW
I am going to carry one of these for wiping off the Infotainment System. They come in a nice pouch. Edging is very nice as is the artwork on them. Not thin either or cheap looking.
https://www.lynktec.com/collections/microfiber-cleaning-cloths-for-touchscreens

OP
OP
kg4fxg

kg4fxg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I still love the car. There are many posts here of what don't you like about the Civic. And there are many posts of things to add to make the Civic better.

The center console is dark driving at early hours. So I am adding a USB LED. Yes, you can even choose your color. I normally use a USB for my music but there are two and I don't really care which one I use. Here is a link to what I am talking about. I hope I don't regret this? https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GX67STW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Also adding a socket splitter if I need to charge a device.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07919SSGH/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I added my dash cam and use the socket for that now. The above would help if I need to charge a device. The only other feature that I read here is the auto lock feature. Sometimes the car will beep at me three times when I leave it in the garage. Normally I just press the button on the door to lock but like to have it for insurance. Just in case I forget in the parking deck at work.

I certainly get the complaints here. No car is perfect. I did look at more expensive cars. Might need to buy another Civic if the wife ever drives it because it might be the last time I see it. Seriously, if I chose an Audi, BMW, Mercedes CLA, or something else around 40K would I not have problems too? I am sure if I read similar boards on these cars there are issues as well. How would I feel after spending 40K and Infotainment is slow, wipers not so great, or something else? My wipers are fine. The infotainment might be a little slow but at my age I am too. And I have yet to see a car with an infotainment system that is instant on with no warning messages. Why put myself through all that trouble. This car has some pretty nice options as compared to those luxury cars. And at my age I am not into impressing folks with what car I drive, I just want to make my two hours of commuting enjoyable.

OP
OP
kg4fxg

kg4fxg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Had a chance to wash and wax the car. Can't wax the front because of clear bra. Still drying but gently washed the front. You learn so much about a car by washing it. It was so easy to wash around the mirrors. Not so on the Mini Cooper. And washing the fog lights, wow. The Mini Cooper had such recessed fogs it was hard to clean the front and fogs. Then you feel how well the Civic is put together. Amazing! Even waxed inside the doors, open doors and wax the bottom door and frame. I also love how the wiper sprays are under the hood. Makes drying the hood so much easier. Compared to the size of the Mini Cooper S Coupe I was not looking forward to doing this as the car is so much bigger. But it was not all that bad. I could not find any difficult areas. So like the Hatch, on the Mini if I opened it after a wash it was like someone was pouring a bucket of water off the roof. Not only did the sides that were dry get all wet again, but water dripped off the hatch into the compartment. Not so with the Civic. Very little water and the sides stayed clean. Incredible. Some cars are not fun to wash. The Civic is a pleasure and it was enjoyable again to clean the car.

PhilF

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV EX-L Platinum White Pearl/Ivory, 2020 CRV EX-L Crystal Black Pearl/Grey
Country flag

Nice review, my experience with my 19 Touring Coupe is very similar, no real issues, everything works as advertised, getting about 33-35 mpg (I use only TopTier fuel, mostly Shell). I'm really envious of you in states that allow tinting, I'd love to tint, but it's illegal for passenger cars in Pa without a medical exemption. You CAN tint, but if you are stopped for any reason, you can get a ticket that forces you to remove it.
As far as dust on the screen, I keep a Swiffer duster in the car that handles that issue well. I had the calipers painted red, changed the side markers to clear w/amber bulbs, with the Platinum White Pearl, really looks better. Congratulations on your new Civic, I've had 13 of them, this is my 14th, they have their idiosyncrasies, but really a great car. Luckily, I have an excellent dealer that I have a long history with (35+ years), very competent service department that I trust. Passed 1,000 mi last night, celebrated by washing it today! BTY, if my Coupe would have been available in Sonic Gray, I would have chosen that, beautiful color!
Phil

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
Which trunk organizer do you have? Any pics?
Sponsored