First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI coupe
Country flag
Hello,

I have a 2019 civic coupe si. I'm not a fan of the hdmi muffler they put on it. Anyone had any luck with replacing or know of any that have worked well. I was looking at some of the Kits and it seemed pretty easy. A I don't have a lift but I'm able to get the car about 3 feet off the ground. Any info
Sponsored

BoostinIX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI Sedan
Country flag
R400 is a solid option. Any catback from the major vendors will be easy to do on the ground. Pick a look you like, research posts about volume/drone, check youtube for clips, buy and install. Lots of options. Troll the procivic or similar sites exhaust section.

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Are you not able to get access to a lift at all? I recommend the R exhaust for our coupe especially since it's a direct fit, just have to get all the hangars relocated

The price you pay for a full exhaust and doing it yourself you can get an R exhaust and pay a shop to do it and still save more

Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 civic coupe si exhaust replacement IMG_0820

BoostinIX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI Sedan
Country flag
No argument the Type R modded for the FC is cheaper, but "direct fit" isn't direct fit if you have to cut and weld it to fit.

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No argument the Type R modded for the FC is cheaper, but "direct fit" isn't direct fit if you have to cut and weld it to fit.
there isn't any cutting required, it's a direct fit along with just relocating the hangers.

For the sedan it requires cutting and extending the exhaust tips a few inches in order to fit flush, for the coupe it doesn't.

BoostinIX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI Sedan
Country flag
there isn't any cutting required, it's a direct fit along with just relocating the hangers.

For the sedan it requires cutting and extending the exhaust tips a few inches in order to fit flush, for the coupe it doesn't.
Yes....which are generally welded to an exhaust...i.e you cut those off and weld them where you need them to be. Unless there's something crazy I'm missing.

Or, if not trying to go budget/not a fan of the CTR tips, just buy an exhaust made for that car.

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes....which are generally welded to an exhaust...i.e you cut those off and weld them where you need them to be. Unless there's something crazy I'm missing.

Or, if not trying to go budget/not a fan of the CTR tips, just buy an exhaust made for that car.
mine wasn't welded directly on the exhaust. So if I took off my exhaust it would still be an oem r exhaust with no modification to it.

I mean I'm just trying to give him my opinion and an option, I've looked at many exhausts for a long time and I have a local buddy that's ran 4 different exhausts on his Si and finally ended up with the R retrofit. Majority of aftermarket exhausts paired with catless DP is too loud and has a lot of drone (unless you are ok with that)

R paired with catless gives a great throaty clean tone that is unmatched by any aftermarket option out there (with catless dp)

BoostinIX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI Sedan
Country flag
So what changed, the rubber hangers for different shape/orientation ones or the physical pegs on the exhaust?

OP never mentioned changing DP, and if he doesn't know the catback options, guarantee he hasn't looked at DP or KTuner so assuming catback only. Most catbacks will be just fine on volume, outside of race ones i.e. MAP Race.

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So what changed, the rubber hangers for different shape/orientation ones or the physical pegs on the exhaust?

OP never mentioned changing DP, and if he doesn't know the catback options, guarantee he hasn't looked at DP or KTuner so assuming catback only. Most catbacks will be just fine on volume, outside of race ones i.e. MAP Race.
lemme try to get u a pic later of my boy who is running it, i cant get a good pic anymore bc i got a muffler delete (welded on exhaust now)

and yea iunno bro im just tryna throw out a recommendation
maybe he'll change out dp later on maybe not, maybe he'll take my opinion maybe not

I'm just tryna kill my last hour at work :headbang::headbang::headbang:
Sponsored