errolc

First Name
Errol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Coupe LX
Country flag
I got a 19 civic coupe lx in feb 2020. It’s now nov 2020, had the car 9 months now with 11k miles on it and I’ve had my fair share of problems with the car already. It started with some rattling coming underneath the driver side foot well that they said they “fixed” by adding additional padding so the wires would stop rattling, which the issue came back. I took the car in back in Sept 2020 bc the rear passenger side was making creaking sound. Sounded like glass or metal rattling, almost as if something wasn’t secure. Took it to Honda and they said they couldn’t locate the sound... now it’s creaking so bad it sounds like a 10+ year car making creaking sounds if you make a turn or go over any type of rough roads. On top of that the AC always makes some hissing or gurgling/bubbling type sound. Is anyone else encountering these type of issues? I want to know if someone has gone through this before I take it in again... thanks!
Sponsored

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
AC is a known issue and has been recalled. Rear struts/shocks are also well known weak points for some reason. I wonder if the previous owner lowered the suspension and damaged them. The good news is that all of the above should be warranty issues. Search for the TSBs and recall notices for more info.

Royal_Purple_Oil_Filter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I'm having the rear passenger creak sound too around 30k miles and same AC noise.

That's why Honda and Quality never should be in the same sentence. I'm glad Kia and Hyundai are making bold moves and now on steady track that will put Honda on their right place which is at the bottom of quality with the Detroit big 3.

Last edited:

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
I'm having the rear passenger creak sound too around 30k miles and same AC noise.

That's why Honda and Quality never should be in the same sentence. I'm glad Kia and Hyundai are making bold moves and now on steady track that will put Honda on their right place which is at the bottom of quality with the Detroit big 3.
Yikes. You’re in for a long road of surprises and frustration. Every manufacturer has their own issues.

yansag1982

First Name
Yanick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Coupe Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had a shock fail on driver side rear on my old 2016 LX about a year into it...they replaced it under warranty and after that they never failed again...it was making all kind of strange noises I remember and the last thing I expected was a blown shock...sure enough they replaced it and everything went back to normal.

OP
OP

errolc

First Name
Errol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
AC is a known issue and has been recalled. Rear struts/shocks are also well known weak points for some reason. I wonder if the previous owner lowered the suspension and damaged them. The good news is that all of the above should be warranty issues. Search for the TSBs and recall notices for more info.
Thanks! I've heard there was some issues with the AC before, but not the struts/shocks. No previous owners. I leased it brand new from the dealership.

OP
OP

errolc

First Name
Errol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I had a shock fail on driver side rear on my old 2016 LX about a year into it...they replaced it under warranty and after that they never failed again...it was making all kind of strange noises I remember and the last thing I expected was a blown shock...sure enough they replaced it and everything went back to normal.
I brought it in today. Hopefully they are able to hear what I'm hearing, diagnose and address these issues, and fix it for good. They all look at me like im paranoid or crazy. I know it's not just me...

yansag1982

First Name
Yanick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Coupe Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I brought it in today. Hopefully they are able to hear what I'm hearing, diagnose and address these issues, and fix it for good. They all look at me like im paranoid or crazy. I know it's not just me...
If they don't find it I think you should ask them if they checked for fluid that would have leaked from one of your rear shock...cause they way you described it really does seem to be exactly what my old LX did to me...
Sponsored