First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R
Country flag
Hi folks, my AC would not come on.

It was working earlier in the day, then it just blew lukewarm air no matter what I tried.

Has anyone seen this before?

I will call the dealership to setup an appointment, but it just seems odd.

Thanks.
Sponsored

FC3L15B7

I'm a machine.
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic 2 Door Coupe Si / 1993 Chrysler Intrepid 3.5L
Country flag
Hi folks, my AC would not come on.

It was working earlier in the day, then it just blew lukewarm air no matter what I tried.

Has anyone seen this before?

I will call the dealership to setup an appointment, but it just seems odd.

Thanks.
Yeah. Everyone has experienced that. Its called a leak. Lol.

Seriously though, it's better to have it fail now before the hottest part of the year. Then it will be super cold for summer.

63blackseries

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX Sensing
Country flag
Super common AC condenser most likely needs to be replaced, i replaced mine and its starting to leak again, tech says come in when it stops working, i believe honda is fully aware of this thats why theres a ac condenser warranty.

sean465

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Championship White Civic Type R FK8 R-03927
Country flag
Yeah. Everyone has experienced that. Its called a leak. Lol.

Seriously though, it's better to have it fail now before the hottest part of the year. Then it will be super cold for summer.
Funny, us uk drivers find the aircon rubbish, even on full blast wouldn't call it ice cold! Lot hotter for some of you guys over there so hope its a bit colder somehow..!

FC3L15B7

I'm a machine.
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic 2 Door Coupe Si / 1993 Chrysler Intrepid 3.5L
Country flag
Funny, us uk drivers find the aircon rubbish, even on full blast wouldn't call it ice cold! Lot hotter for some of you guys over there so hope its a bit colder somehow..!
Okay, well, for its best performance. For whatever it's worth, the best it gets is better than it being broken. ;)

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ironically, when I had my first accident in this car and tapped someone in front of me, my condenser got punctured (AT 7 MPH???) and they had to replace it. It's never had any issues, something I'm grateful for as I have low heat tolerance to begin with.

OP
OP
djhartm

djhartm

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R
Country flag
Seems to be working OK again.

Thanks for the replies guys.

Canuck

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
Just got delivery of my new 2020 Civic Type R. Air conditioning failure right out of the box. Unit to be replaced but don't they check this stuff before releasing the vehicle? Heard there were issues with faulty a/c's on earlier builds (lawsuit). You would think they would correct the problems on new stuff. New poster here from Canada

Bridgegal12C

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda Civic type R, honda pilot
Country flag
I have a 2019 Type R, got it in October. Took it out a few weeks ago and the AC stopped. When I got to my destination and got back in it worked fine. Today took a little road trip and NO AC. Its August and 95F out... sucks royally. ?

I saw there is a warranty on the condenser, does that cover the 19s as well. The SB I read only specified 2016-2018 models.

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic ex
Country flag
A default in Honda lol, I had to replace my compressor and radiator recharge the antifreeze, thank God I had the extended warranty and insurance from third party otherwise that would've been expensive like $3500+ expensive!

piterek

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport Touring, 2010 Subaru Forester, 2015 Yamaha FJ-09
Country flag
Ditto here... tried it today for the first time this year, and it is blowing warm air. 2 year old car LOL. It took 7 years for the compressor to fail on my 2011 model year. Flashed the car back to factory and it is going to the dealer. So glad to be part of their apprenticeship program. :confused:

piterek

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Car is back from the dealer... new condenser in place. They told me that 2016-2018 was covered by the A/C recall, but they have seen 2019s come in with the same issue. Anyway, new and improved part is installed, and it looks like they did a good job putting all the bits back together... what's visible anyway.

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
I have a 2019 Type R, got it in October. Took it out a few weeks ago and the AC stopped. When I got to my destination and got back in it worked fine. Today took a little road trip and NO AC. Its August and 95F out... sucks royally. ?

I saw there is a warranty on the condenser, does that cover the 19s as well. The SB I read only specified 2016-2018 models.
You’ve likely still got bumper to bumper warranty, so it would be covered.

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
Car is back from the dealer... new condenser in place. They told me that 2016-2018 was covered by the A/C recall, but they have seen 2019s come in with the same issue. Anyway, new and improved part is installed, and it looks like they did a good job putting all the bits back together... what's visible anyway.
Took my bumper off a couple weeks ago to i stall different headlights. The tech that did my condenser last spring left a pick tool sitting on the plastic lip above the crash bar...

Every time i take my car to the dealer to be worked on, they never put the aluminum underpan back on correctly. I always have to check and see if they forgot any screws or bolts.

piterek

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Took my bumper off a couple weeks ago to i stall different headlights. The tech that did my condenser last spring left a pick tool sitting on the plastic lip above the crash bar...

Every time i take my car to the dealer to be worked on, they never put the aluminum underpan back on correctly. I always have to check and see if they forgot any screws or bolts.
LOL... know what you mean... I dread going to the dealer for anything. First thing I did was check under the hood and under the car for missing/busted fasteners. All looks in order.

My worst experience was when, in a moment of weakness, I took the car for a brake fluid bleed. Opened the hood right there in their parking lot... brake fluid reservoir was nearly empty. They had ONE job to do.
Sponsored