2019 6MT Hatch scraping/whistling sound off throttle

SportHatch77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
I’ve got a 6 speed 2019 Civic hatch Sport Touring I’ve been driving for just over a year. Recently I’ve noticed a noise coming from I think the engine bay that I can reproduce reliably. I’m wondering if anyone else has had this issue.

In 2nd or 3rd gear, over 2.5k rpm my car will make a high-pitched scraping noise only when I am off throttle. As I accelerate, the noise goes away (or is drowned out) and as soon as I’m off throttle the noise comes back. The noise also goes away when I engage the clutch or when I pop into neutral; basically when the rpms go down.
I’ve been trying all week to get a recording but the noise is so faint the mic cant pick it up over the wind noise, but just loud enough that my passengers have noticed and pointed it out. It sounds like metal-on-metal rubbing and it is making me a little worried.

I did a little digging on civicx and found some threads that sounds similar to the issue I was having seen here https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/whistle-screeching-when-off-throttle.36355/
But these were only CTR owners and couldn't find any kind of solution.

I realize this is not much to go on and countless people call their mechanics about some noise from their car but if anyone else has had this experience please let me know what you did! Thanks!
Sponsored