bluebluemike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Sedan MT
Country flag
“sport” is basically a way to sell more base models, but with an appearance package.

sporty also means, “just the driving essentials with none of the luxuries”, not necessarily “fast”
Whats funny is "Si" means "Sport injected/Injection" so that should mean that the actual "sport" models should be faster and sportier ??
Sponsored

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
Country flag
How loud is the muffler delete? I have a 2.0 and want a little more sound but don't want to piss off my parents.
It’s not a fart can if that’s what you’re asking. Idle is just a hum. It really only makes noise during accelerating, but not too loud. It is just right to me. I crank mine up in my garage every morning and my girlfriend is still sleeping in the house and doesn’t bother her.

bluebluemike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Sedan MT
Country flag
It’s not a fart can if that’s what you’re asking. Idle is just a hum. It really only makes noise during accelerating, but not too loud. It is just right to me. I crank mine up in my garage every morning and my girlfriend is still sleeping in the house and doesn’t bother her.
I got the downpipe in and I like it a lot. I have an active exhaust so when it's closed it's almost as quiet as stock except when I'm on gas more than 35% TPS where there's a hum, and when I open the valve, it makes it LOUD!!! Overall, I love it (and driving 500 miles yesterday, the cel only came on for 30 minutes and went away!

apakaleky

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X 2.0
Country flag
I think that the k20c2 could actually make some good power but with some serious mods that would be custom at this point.
I have a k20c2 that I plan on using for a Track day car. I currently have:
Rv6 catless DP
Ktuned
AEM intake
Custom Megan/Magnaflow exhuast
Motegi wheels
Wilwood brakes
Aquity stage 3 Short Shifter
Clutch delay valve Delete
BC coilovers
Megan strut bar
Whiteline F/R sway bar with endlinks and bushings

https://www.instagram.com/poohbeark20/

I am looking to put on a Mishimoto oil cooler along with a bigger radiator and in the future maybe an standalone ECU, but only if and when someone comes out with aftermarket transmission and engine mods along with some sort of boost options.

A lot of people have much to say about the K20c2 which usually include insults but clearly no one has really pushed these motors because they do require a standalone Ecu which with a tune could run upwards of 2 to 5k

It is important to separate the k20c2 from the k20c1 they are different however
per this site there are not many differences that things like an oil cooler an ECU and some internals would not change.

https://tiremeetsroad.com/2021/03/1...hafts use i-VTEC,cam profiles between the two.

More over there are some rumors that the k20c2 market may popoff in the near future as engine mods for the new Type R are consistent with the past generation and have mostly been developed already. However there is one maybe two engines left to be modded (k20c2/c4) and with companies like ACT, Whiteline and even Synchrotech in the "talking phase" I would say something is in the works considering all of these companies said they had "ZERO plans for this platform" 2-3 years ago.

I bought this car along with another k20c2 that was auto for my wife. I couldn't heart spending over 50grand on the type R and another 20-23 on her car which is what they were asking at the time. Plus my wife would kill me, she is from Puerto Rico. But i am seriously considering two options if they occur since both of these cars are not paid off. If they come out with a new S2000 or if they new Integra Type S is AWD with a DCT i would be highly obligated to make a purchase but s2000 over Integra because I think S2000 will be closer to the NSX

Good luck with all your endeavors hope to see you on the road/track

OP
OP
Bosco72

Bosco72

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic coupe sport
Country flag
I'm buying my car out, I started this thread because all I heard since the 90's how great the vtec was. So I buy a civic with the 2.0 vtec. Dont know which one but now I hear it sucks. I have a cvt and i know it suck dont know why honda would put it with the best motor ever built lol. All I want to know is the cvt in my car is the same as the 1.5 turbo. I just want a little more pep out of it with out blowing my cvt

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic sedan
Country flag
I have the KTuner tune on my 2.0 CVT and I can say for sure it totally changes the car. There is much more power up top, the engine is way more eager to rev, the lowered VTEC is very noticable, throttle response is dramatically improved, and the engine sounds great as you rev it out. It's obviously not blisteringly quick or anything, but the car doesnt feel slow at all, it made my economy commuter car pretty fun. Bottom line, acceleration and the HP gains are noticeable. Side note, I have multiple people who have sat in my car and have heard it rev up top, and they have all made comments about how it sounds surprisingly great for something lowkey like a Civic.
I have the KTuner tune on my 2.0 CVT and I can say for sure it totally changes the car. There is much more power up top, the engine is way more eager to rev, the lowered VTEC is very noticable, throttle response is dramatically improved, and the engine sounds great as you rev it out. It's obviously not blisteringly quick or anything, but the car doesnt feel slow at all, it made my economy commuter car pretty fun. Bottom line, acceleration and the HP gains are noticeable. Side note, I have multiple people who have sat in my car and have heard it rev up top, and they have all made comments about how it sounds surprisingly great for something lowkey like a Civic.
hey, what k tuner did you get?

dt10g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX sedan 6MT (Canadian)
Country flag
hey, what k tuner did you get?
I'm not the person you asked, but... insofar as you wanting the sort of experience they described, it will not matter which KTuner you buy (v1.2 or v2.0) because the tune on the car would be the same

The KTuner model you choose just depends on how you prefer to interface with it...
i.e. Do you want a screen or not, etc.

Also since this is thread is specific to the 2.0L engine, there is only one tune available with KTuner, so there's no question of anyone running anything like "TSP" or "Phearable" or the other tunes one may have heard of. Maybe if someone actually went to a dyno and worked with a tuner to get a custom tuning profile, but I don't believe I have seen anyone do that with a 2.0 yet...

Sorry if you know all this, just figured it might help.

apakaleky

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X 2.0
Country flag
I'm searching the Web about my 19 coupe sport cvt motor I read that the type r is also 2.0 vtec.i know it has better internals but it's pushing 300 + hp.i can't see why my 2.0 wouldn't be able to handle another 20 hp or even the trans.

The sport should have 201 hp the si should have 250 hp
I just don't want to blow my motor and it won't be under warranty
I know a lot of people say that the k20c2 and c1 have nothing in common but this simply not true. This article shows the differences. https://tiremeetsroad.com/2021/03/1...the-civic-type-r-2-0l-turbo-engine-different/

Moreover, I do plan on tracking this car. I have been looking at skunk2 as they have plans for camshafts and intake manifold for k20c2. This combined with a new throttle body a standalone ECU and a upgrade on fuel pump/injectors for e85 I actually think 250 is possible. But this would cost 5 to 6 grand maybe more.

So now you have a car that is stock almost 400 lbs lighter than the type r with no heat soak issues, 250 doesn't sound that bad. Only thing left is the diff and trans internals. Wavetrac makes a diff now and I believe a trans can be built with other gear sets but that's another 2 to 5 k.

At this point I have about 14k into the build including labor which is mostly welding and transmission. But yea all whitline parts front and rear bc coilovers wildwood brakes master clutch fx400 acuity stuff aem stuff exhaust stuff and weight reduction.

I spent about 17k on the car brand new 14k into mods and another 14k to make it real serious is about the 50grand I woulda spent that on an fk8 but I don't think it would be the same track car plus if engine mods continue adding boost or even a supercharger is not out of the picture.

I shoulda bought an Ariel atom for 40k lol but it's a fun annoying learning experience my daughter and I love

OP
OP
Bosco72

Bosco72

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic coupe sport
Country flag
So I was some what right

WhosClunk

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2017 EX CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The 2.0L NA CVT and the 1.5T CVT are different. The 1.5T is CVT is taken from 9tth Gen accord and the 2.0 NA from the 9th gen civic but they are beefed up and the 11th Gen transmissions are stronger. The type R throttle body fits with some modification or you can bore it out along with the intake manifold, but you should custom tune further for that. Brian crower offers a camshaft upgrade and 4piston said they are going to release upgraded camshafts. I have seen someone running e85 on YouTube, im sure you could add a bit of e85 and make adjustments for it but im not sure how the injectors will hold up or the fuel pump long term. I’ve also seen a CVT 2.0L making 181whp saying they used k24 camshafts and type r throttle body. I’m hopeful for the engine over the coming years as there’s so many in the base civics laying around.

apakaleky

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X 2.0
Country flag
I'm making 184 hp right now on tune, exhaust, and intake. I have the 2.0 NA 6mt. CVT are nice if you like cruising but they are boring, laggy and unpredictable.

OP
OP
Bosco72

Bosco72

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic coupe sport
Country flag
So is the cvt from the 2019 2.0 civic good and how much hp can it handle. That's what I cant stand about car companies. They know alot of people mod so they give u a engine that can handle 6 cyl hp but the trans is shit its amazing how dumb they are

apakaleky

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X 2.0
Country flag
So is the cvt from the 2019 2.0 civic good and how much hp can it handle. That's what I cant stand about car companies. They know alot of people mod so they give u a engine that can handle 6 cyl hp but the trans is shit its amazing how dumb they are
I feel like it's harder and more expensive to build a transmission. At least that's how they make it seem
Sponsored