mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
Country flag
Have you adjusted the clutch pedal to remove any play? That might help. But unfortunately yes the clutch will wear and eventually need replacement. Yes I’m sure if somebody was really careful with their transmission they might get lots of miles out of a stock clutch. But if you drive it hard, kind of how I drive to, then the clutch will eventually need to be replaced. But at least it’s cheaper than rebuilding a automatic transmission. Plus you can get a performance clutch when you replace it. I haven’t looked into any performance clutches yet since I haven’t had any problems with mine yet, still at 28k miles, but I might start looking to get some ideas. Clutch replacement is inevitable, but it’s not too expensive so that’s the good news.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bosco72

Bosco72

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic coupe sport
Country flag
I want to thank everyone I'm going to tune.i look at it this way the 1.5t has extra 16 hp then the 2.0 and the cvt handles the 1.5t. So k tuner says 20 hp the cvt should handle that

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I want to thank everyone I'm going to tune.i look at it this way the 1.5t has extra 16 hp then the 2.0 and the cvt handles the 1.5t. So k tuner says 20 hp the cvt should handle that
I read on this forum somewhere that the 1.5t and 2.0na have different model cvt’s. I’m not sure how true it is but you should still be ok. I think what kills a cvt is too much torque, and I’m pretty sure the tune will not hurt the transmission since you won’t gain much extra torque with the tune. But you will feel the difference in power, trust me on that.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Just to try to give an objective opinion from a 1.5T owner. First off, there's no doubt the 2.0 NA is a solid motor and that the KTuner tune ups the high end, but the stock 1.5T still has more oomph, even with the CVT. I know one of the 2.0 tuned guys said he raced his girl with 1.5T and they were neck and neck and I believe him. But, I also wonder if she was in L because that's where all the pro reviews are getting their 6.6-6.7 0-60 times. That mode keeps the CVT at peak and pulls like a freight train.

Now lets look at some dyno numbers and of course dynos vary but it gives you a realistic overview.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 2.0l non turbo extra hp K20C2GAINS

These are some very nice hp gains over stock. 150 at the wheels and 124 TQ aren't bad numbers at all. It certainly makes for a fun ride, especially with the 6 speed.

Now let's look at these numbers on the 1.5T/CVT combo from Hondata. Let's concentrate on the yellow stock numbers. As has been mentioned, Honda clearly understated the published base 1.5T's power output. My guess is they didn't want to step on the Si's toes.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 2.0l non turbo extra hp 17_civic_cvt_stock_87_oct_vs_91_octane_plus_6_ps

190hp and 185tq are solid numbers. If you compare the torque curve and numbers on the stock 1.5T to the tuned 2.0 NA you can see it's very smooth and certainly more potent overall than the tuned 2.0 ...

Last edited:

swah_fk7

Regamaster King
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe, 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Keep telling yourself that.
Let's see you make 515WHP on a stock block.
and FYI the L motor came from the Fits/Jazz. the 6MT in the LX does not have an LSD, and does not have the same gear ratios.
Therefore, not the same transmission.

Last edited:

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Keep telling yourself that.
Let's see you make 515WHP on a stock block.
and FYI the L motor came from the Fits. the 6MT in the LX does not have an LSD, and does not have the same gear ratios.
Therefore, not the same transmission.
How dare you give facts when coo1rim gives blatently biased opinions!!! ;)

swah_fk7

Regamaster King
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How dare you give facts when coo1rim gives blatently biased opinions!!! ;)
:crazy: some people live in a delusion, i have no clue how they've made it this far in life. Somebody turbocharged a 2.0 and tried to sell it because they couldn't afford a ECM/ECU to read the boost pressure at the manifold. 2.0 owners are either some of the most ignorant, or just flat out dumb people on here. Always hating on the car they didn't buy / couldn't afford, yet, is clearly superior in every single aspect.:flame:

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
:crazy: some people live in a delusion, i have no clue how they've made it this far in life. Somebody turbocharged a 2.0 and tried to sell it because they couldn't afford a ECM/ECU to read the boost pressure at the manifold. 2.0 owners are either some of the most ignorant, or just flat out dumb people on here. Always hating on the car they didn't buy / couldn't afford, yet, is clearly superior in every single aspect.:flame:
I own both of them and drive them both all the time. They are both great motors. I could afford to buy any civic I want, I mean come on they are civics. The most expensive one is only 35k. I bought what I felt was best for the task. The lx 2.0 mt was for me. I didn’t like the look of the type R. I’m 39 years old and just felt it wasn’t something that fit my style very well. I knew the 1.5t was new and wasn’t sure I could push it the way I wanted without worrying I would hurt it. I knew the 2.0 could take it plus give me that sound I wanted. I bought the 1.5t cvt for my girlfriend because she is not hard on a vehicle and figured it would be a better fit for her. So far they are both holding up just fine. Hers does have great acceleration and a smooth ride, there is no doubt about that. I never thought I could even give that 1.5t any competition but I guess since my car is lighter by like 300 pounds and quicker off the line because of the manual transmission, and my top end improved with the ktuner. It is enough to not only compete with the 1.5t but to actually hang with it. Trust me I don’t regret what I bought. Both great vehicles. What I wish was if Honda would’ve made a sedan, without the big wing, with a type R motor and 6mt. I would’ve bought that without thinking about it

swah_fk7

Regamaster King
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I own both of them and drive them both all the time. They are both great motors. I could afford to buy any civic I want, I mean come on they are civics. The most expensive one is only 35k. I bought what I felt was best for the task. The lx 2.0 mt was for me. I didn’t like the look of the type R. I’m 39 years old and just felt it wasn’t something that fit my style very well. I knew the 1.5t was new and wasn’t sure I could push it the way I wanted without worrying I would hurt it. I knew the 2.0 could take it plus give me that sound I wanted. I bought the 1.5t cvt for my girlfriend because she is not hard on a vehicle and figured it would be a better fit for her. So far they are both holding up just fine. Hers does have great acceleration and a smooth ride, there is no doubt about that. I never thought I could even give that 1.5t any competition but I guess since my car is lighter by like 300 pounds and quicker off the line because of the manual transmission, and my top end improved with the ktuner. It is enough to not only compete with the 1.5t but to actually hang with it. Trust me I don’t regret what I bought. Both great vehicles. What I wish was if Honda would’ve made a sedan, without the big wing, with a type R motor and 6mt. I would’ve bought that without thinking about it
2.0 is very peppy.
If you lined up with a SI coupe you'll see quickly what 300 pounds difference makes, and an LSD.
I agree 100% with everything you said, I'm not hating on the 2.0, I just think some owners are delusional comparing the Type R to the 2.0.
Especially considering the K20C from the Type R flows so much better than the LX 2.0, the entire bottom end is completely different, and the head has nothing in common with the LX.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I guess since my car is lighter by like 300 pounds
The lighter weight is a definite plus, no doubt. But the difference stock to stock is actually 157 pounds not 300. Still noticeable though.

Civic LX sedan manual - 2,742 lbs.
Civic EX-T CVT - 2,899 lbs.

IMO, the bottom line here, just like in all these type of threads is this. As long as your car's driveability and acceleration meets your needs/standards, that's really all that matters.

I've yet to find a 10th gen Civic model that wasn't a great car. I think we can all agree to that.

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The lighter weight is a definite plus, no doubt. But the difference stock to stock is actually 157 pounds not 300. Still noticeable though.

Civic LX sedan manual - 2,742 lbs.
Civic EX-T CVT - 2,899 lbs.

IMO, the bottom line here, just like in all these type of threads is this. As long as your car's driveability and acceleration meets your needs/standards, that's really all that matters.

I've yet to find a 10th gen Civic model that wasn't a great car. I think we can all agree to that.
Sorry I forgot to mention I’m comparing the 2.0 manual sedan to the 1.5t cvt hatchback. After looking it up it’s a 200 lb difference and not 300. But yes you are right, it’s what puts a smile on your face when you drive that matters. I love both the cars. When we go in the city we take the 1.5t because of the cvt. When we roll through town we take the 2.0 mt because it’s a blast to drive. Plus with my new exhaust it sounds awesome going through the gears:D

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
2.0 is very peppy.
If you lined up with a SI coupe you'll see quickly what 300 pounds difference makes, and an LSD.
I agree 100% with everything you said, I'm not hating on the 2.0, I just think some owners are delusional comparing the Type R to the 2.0.
Especially considering the K20C from the Type R flows so much better than the LX 2.0, the entire bottom end is completely different, and the head has nothing in common with the LX.
Yeah there are a lot of similarities between the type R motor and the lx 2.0 other than the size of course lol. But they are very different engines. The lx 2.0 will most likely never make the power the type R motor can make without throwing a lot of money at it. But if somebody had the money to blow I’m sure it can be done. Now dependability will be a different story, but since nobody has done it yet we won’t know. I was actually one that was hoping a supercharger would have came out by now for the 2.0 but I’m still waiting so probably won’t ever happen.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry I forgot to mention I’m comparing the 2.0 manual sedan to the 1.5t cvt hatchback. After looking it up it’s a 200 lb difference and not 300. But yes you are right, it’s what puts a smile on your face when you drive that matters. I love both the cars. When we go in the city we take the 1.5t because of the cvt. When we roll through town we take the 2.0 mt because it’s a blast to drive. Plus with my new exhaust it sounds awesome going through the gears:D
Oh ok. Thanks for clearing that up. The hatch is a bit heavier than the similar model sedan.
Sponsored