Andres00

First Name
Andres
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Country flag
Today I installed clear led side markers on my 2018 Type R for some reason when I installed the side marker on the driver side it was clear with the lights on and amber when I used the turn signal (working fine). I then installed the passenger side side marker and for some reason when the lights are on the side markers stay clear but when I use my turn signals it doesn’t work it just stays clear on both of my side markers. I don’t know if I connected the wrong wires together if someone can let me know which wires is supposed to be connected together. Thank you
Sponsored

Jmillerohio

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R Champion White
Country flag
Did you have to wire in turn signal function with your new side markers?

OP
OP

Andres00

First Name
Andres
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Country flag
Did you have to wire in turn signal function with your new side markers?
Yes on the driver side I tapped the wires in fine I tested the lights and the blinkers and they were working fine. When I tapped the passenger side wires the side markers on both sides stayed on with the lights on but when I use the blinkers they didn’t work they only stayed on, no amber blinking at all on Both side markers now

Jmillerohio

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R Champion White
Country flag
Ok. So on the right side it's the green wire that you tap into but on the left side it's the blue wire. I recommend trying to insert the wire from side marker, with open wire exposed, into the front side of the connector and testing to verify it works. I'm only confident about this because I literally just did mine like 2 weeks ago. Weird I know but itll work. GL. Let me know if that works.

If you already did that then I would check your turn signal relay or you may just have a bad light

But I'm willing to bet it's the wiring issue.

OP
OP

Andres00

First Name
Andres
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Country flag
we had the right Wires connected on each side it was just a rookie mistake and had a bad connection to the wires
Sponsored