garoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 RYP S2K, 18 CW CTR
Country flag
The PDF is here
https://www.hondarandd.jp/point.php?pid=996&lang=en

You need to create an account to access research papers.

You’re right in that they don’t spell out in text which wheels get the main braking. I’m inferring this from the size of the arrows in the diagram which indicate brake pressure. See the lower left diagram where the big arrows on the rear wheels show high braking compared to the front.
I created two different accounts and in both cases when I try to login it says invalid password, and password reset doesnt work. So ?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Type-R_plus

Type-R_plus

First Name
R+
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type-R
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen 2018 Type R rear break questions!? Capture.JPG

What do you think about replacing this pair of rotors while replacing the brake pads?

garoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 RYP S2K, 18 CW CTR
Country flag
Capture.JPG

What do you think about replacing this pair of rotors while replacing the brake pads?
I’m not sure. The rear braking system of the Type R is just like an Accord’s and it stops fine. I can’t imagine those one piston tiny calipers generating enough heat to warrant those rotors.

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
I would avoid drilled rotors - the holes tend to crack under high loads. Stick with blanks or slotted rotors if you want some cooling.
This ^

We choose to offer and run on our CTR's only Blank or Slotted.

Centric makes inexpensive Blank throwaways that track guys can pair up with aggressive pads, and replace once or twice a year based on use.

StopTech has Slotted Rears, unfortunately no Slotted Front Rotors to our knowledge.

EBC makes Slotted and Blank, Front and Rear pairs :)

Girodisc and Paragon also offer Front and Rear two-piece Slotted Rotors if you'd like to splurge $$

https://unity-performance.com/collections/2017-civic-type-r?pf_pt_product_type=Braking

OP
OP
Type-R_plus

Type-R_plus

First Name
R+
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type-R
Country flag
Here are the final looks with the new Honda OEM brake pads on.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2018 Type R rear break questions!? Screenshot_20210420-150503_2