First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport - Red
Country flag
Hello all.

Sorry if this is already somewhere, tried searching but there are so many mirror threads, ugh. I broke my DS mirror on my 2018 Sport Hatch and need to replace it. I was wondering, as long as I am doing this, are there direct swap mirrors that have defrost built in, and if so, also with turn signals too? I don’t want to do any extra wiring or the like, but if I can buy a different part (preferably from a salvage yard) I would like to upgrade if possible.

If this is covered somewhere else, feel free to message me the link and delete this new thread.

Thanks!
Sponsored

FreshFK7

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatchback
Country flag
Hello all.

Sorry if this is already somewhere, tried searching but there are so many mirror threads, ugh. I broke my DS mirror on my 2018 Sport Hatch and need to replace it. I was wondering, as long as I am doing this, are there direct swap mirrors that have defrost built in, and if so, also with turn signals too? I don’t want to do any extra wiring or the like, but if I can buy a different part (preferably from a salvage yard) I would like to upgrade if possible.

If this is covered somewhere else, feel free to message me the link and delete this new thread.

Thanks!
Do you need to replace just the glass part of the mirror or the complete side mirror?

OP
OP
RazorHwk

RazorHwk

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Do you need to replace just the glass part of the mirror or the complete side mirror?
Full mirror, I backed into something and broke the hinge area.

FreshFK7

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Full mirror, I backed into something and broke the hinge area.
I would replace the side mirror with a new OEM side mirror with the defroster option, or upgrade and buy the SUMA Performance blue wide mirrors. You can purchase them with the defroster option. If you don't currently have mirrors with a defroster I would assume you would have to do some wiring to make them operational? maybe someone else can chime in and confirm or give a better solution?....Best of luck!

OP
OP
RazorHwk

RazorHwk

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I would replace the side mirror with a new OEM side mirror with the defroster option, or upgrade and buy the SUMA Performance blue wide mirrors. You can purchase them with the defroster option. If you don't currently have mirrors with a defroster I would assume you would have to do some wiring to make them operational? maybe someone else can chime in and confirm or give a better solution?....Best of luck!
Thats the question I have. I am going to change the full mirror assembly, but if there is extra wiring to do, I am not interested. Some cars just have the extra stuff in there and you can just change the part out. There are plenty of videos on how to do it, so really the only question I have here is whether the defrost wiring is already in there on the sport trim or not.

FreshFK7

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thats the question I have. I am going to change the full mirror assembly, but if there is extra wiring to do, I am not interested. Some cars just have the extra stuff in there and you can just change the part out. There are plenty of videos on how to do it, so really the only question I have here is whether the defrost wiring is already in there on the sport trim or not.
Unfortunately I cant answer that for you since my hatch comes with the defrosters, but im sure someone on here has done it. Problem is that some posts dont get much love and you can sit waiting for months with no response. Im sure if you google it you can find something, or possibly call your local Honda dealership and ask someone in the parts or service department? Hope everything works out! Best of luck!

Cardinal

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
If you want to replace both mirrors, grab your wallet. My wife just broke the passenger side mirror on my 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback. The bill was $1056.00 at the dealership and that was due to having to reprogram the camera. She knocked of the right mirror on my 2014 also. I replace it myself that time but had to have the dealer reprogram. The reprogramming took about two hours they said. I know they had to set up targets for the camera at specific distances behind the car and reset the head unit to show the right distance lengths. There are threads here somewhere about doing all that yourself but, although actually replacing the mirror is easy, I’m not that good at the electronic side. Without reprogramming, the only thing your display will show is “ camera needs programming.”?
Sponsored