Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
Rear passenger space is a huge priority for many normal people with families and that's why SUVs and minivans are continuously hugely popular at least in the US. Not everyone is a twentysomething male who only drives himself and occasionally one passenger to starbucks. While the Civic has generous space for its class, I would never even look at puny cars like this when I often carried people and stuff. I would be embarrassed to make people squeeze in it. If you actually do any real activities in a group besides eating in restaurants, there is no space for gear. Mid-size sedans were also of no use for me because of small trunks, but it would be the minimum for a family. Appropriate size for a car for me is such that you can just throw a couple of bicycles inside, without fiddling with attaching them with strings and straps. And you can easily carry a couple of kayaks. I use the CR-V for that or just rent a big car if I need to carry people and stuff on vacation.
Sponsored

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Right.

But here is the rub: The new Audi is going for about $70k. I wouldn't buy it looking very similar to a Civic / Accord. The Honda Crosstour was ahead of it's time and Honda should have held on a couple more years. Now, BMW, Jag, Merc, and a few others have that style for their crossovers / SUVs at a much higher cost. Imagine if the Crosstour was still around for much less than the "upscale" brands.
They benchmarked the A3 for the Civic.

Ironically, I've caught a coworker with an A3 eyeing my Civic before so maybe the comparison and benchmarked wasn't for naught.

MyFirstHonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
It’s disappointing to see the Accord struggle in terms of sales considering its award winning redesign. The midsize sedan segment has been led by the Camry for quite some time, leaving the Accord and Altima to spar for second place. To add to that, the Accord has been fighting a losing battle to the Civic and CRV. I don’t see the tide changing for the Accord anytime soon. Production cuts and discounts/incentives may help relieve dealer inventory in the short term if pushed aggressively, but Toyota could very well respond with other discounts/incentives to entice prospective Camry buyers.

MyFirstHonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
My wife loves the Toyota Camry. I couldn’t convince her to consider the new Accord. She purchased a 2018 Toyota Camry XSE without hesitation.

MyFirstHonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Honda won't discount the Accord because it has won so many awards.
Perhaps I misread previous postings in this thread, but I thought an invoice based pricing discount was being rolled out.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

ricky_vato

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI, 2012 Crosstour

DevilDoc8542

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R Polished Metal Metallic #9206, 2018 Ford F 150 Raptor Lead Foot Gray
Well, remember what happened to the MY2012 Civic’s...Honda had to do a mid cycle refresh after just 1 year!!! Don’t know what else the Accord can do except come down in price or have a buy one get one free fire sale.

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si, 2017 Si (past), 2015 Si (past)
Country flag