2018 SLOW-MOVING ACCORDS

1.5CivicEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Anyone looking for an Accord. Possible $1000-$2000 below invoice deals are on the way.
Accord Sport 1.5T
MSRP * $25,780
Invoice * $23,588
I'd do $2000 below invoice for a 1.5 Sport manual which according to your above numbers would be $21,588. Unfortunately I haven't received any price quotes even close to that number. Guess we just have to wait them out.
Sponsored

Sgamon12

First Name
Salvador
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
It is an Accord after all
Yeah and it looks like an accord should look like, boring. Definitely doesn’t look overstyled it’s a very simple design but it doesn’t stand out against the competitors and that’s why it’s being outsold, cause engine and interior wise I’d give it to the accord

ricky_vato

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI, 2012 Crosstour
Well, let me get on my hobby horse:
There was a time when you bought a Civic, saved money, got a better job, maybe married, and then bought an Accord. Bigger car, bigger engine, more space. Now, the Accord is built on the Civic platform (wtf?!), 4 cyl only (wtf?!), and a glued on tablet for a screen (again, wtf?!). From a distance, you cannot tell the two cars apart. Who wants to spend more for a few items that you can live quite happy without or upgrade in a Civic?

I get it Honda. Save money with an upgraded Civic calling it an Accord, and expect the average buyer not to notice. They noticed.

Now, before anyone says, "Yeah Rick, the new Accord has a turbo 4 that is just as powerful as the V6 before it." I say that V6 was a wonder. My V6 Crosstour has cylinder deactivation that works really well so gas mileage is very good.

Last edited:

inertiadrifto86

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan(traded), 2011 Acura MDX Adv, 2019 Acura TLX A-Spec(traded), 2018 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well, let me get on my hobby horse:
There was a time when you bought a Civic, saved money, got a better job, maybe married, and then bought an Accord. Bigger car, bigger engine, more space. Now, the Accord is built on the Civic platform (wtf?!), 4 cyl only (wtf?!), and a glued on tablet for a screen (again, wtf?!). From a distance, you cannot tell the two cars apart. Who wants to spend more for a few items that you can live quite happy without or upgrade in a Civic?

I get it Honda. Save money with an upgraded Civic calling it an Accord, and expect the average buyer not to notice. They noticed.

Now, before anyone says, "Yeah Rick, the new Accord has a turbo 4 that is just as powerful as the V6 before it." I say that V6 was a wonder. My V6 Crosstour has cylinder deactivation that works really well so gas mileage is very good.
Completely agree. I see the Accord as bigger, heavier, slower version of the Civic. Why spend more money on car that really the only bonus is space and the Civic is already so spacious?

While I wasn't sure about the original styling of the new camry, it has definitely grown on me. While the styling of the Accord doesn't impress me, it's not awful.

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
Ugly and overpriced. They need to up the incentives to get these to move off lots. My dealer called me and said my SI was in demand and they would like to talk to me about upgrading to the 1.5t Accord. I didn't even feel tempted.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was at my Honda dealer yesterday and saw a ton of Accords on the lot. Am I the only one that sees a lot of styling similarities with the Sonata?
Was at mine yesterday, too. Accord after Accord after Accord after Accord on the lot.

Also doesn't help that they're all listed at MSRP. It's a hard sell when you've got LX Accords going for the same $$$ as a Civic Touring.

n2da2nd

It's Senor Bane to ya
First Name
Nam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sold my v6 Accord coupe EX-L to get into a hatchback sport touring because of style and price factors. The design, especially the rear, is ugly. It gets to the point that I considered a Camry xse vs. a Civic hatchback.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2018 SLOW-MOVING ACCORDS mj9sw

Last edited:

djasonw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2017 Toyota iM
Country flag
I was at my Honda dealer yesterday and saw a ton of Accords on the lot. Am I the only one that sees a lot of styling similarities with the Sonata?
Exactly. My dad used to have a 2011 Sonta (now a 2016) and the resemblance is uncanny. That's probably why they aren't selling too well.

TakeoSato

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Coupe 2018 - Touring
I had an Accord 1.5T Sport for a few days, but I hated it... Took it back on rebought a Civic Coupe... I hesitated on the Civic because my 2 previous ones had been totaled in less than a year and I thought maybe its a sign... However, sign or not, I am so much happier in the Civic than I was in the Accord. I pray this time my CIvic stays with me for a while.

Deleted member

I agree with much of the above. The way I see it the reason the Accord isn't selling is because of how good the genX Civic is. The genX Civic is the largest the Civic has ever been so it is fairly roomy, it is full of technology, it gets great fuel economy, and the sticker price is just right. If the Civic is too small for you or your family it is unlikely the Accord is going to really solve the problem- buyers are likely to be looking at crossovers or SUVs if the Civic doesn't fit the bill.

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 Sport Touring, 20 Audi Q3 Progressiv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I started seeing the new accord around. Even the sport is not very good looking to me. I see why the Camry is outselling. It looks amazing for a Camry. Especially with the black roof
Never been fan of both but this time Toyota got it right. Again, basing it off DESIGN like I always do.

Even the Civic I wasn't a fan of until CivicX and they did an amazing that it's now affecting the Accord. When I first sat in the 2016 I was shocked how easy and roomy the rear seats are.

Customers opt out of the Civic because they want more Power and Room in the Accord. There's no reason anymore to upgrade.

Nismo14

First Name
Tiffany
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Hatch Sport Touring; 14 370Z Nismo
Country flag
I thought dealer were holding CTR's hostage to sell more Accords? ;)

Honestly the exterior styling is Ugly. The interior is nice. But really the Civic is probably the better value between the two of them. The sedan is very roomy and is probably the same size as some of the old Accord. They should just make a Accord Wagon again with the 2.0T and manual :D
YES! I would buy an Accord wagon in a heartbeat!

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si, 2017 Si (past), 2015 Si (past)
Country flag
Customers opt out of the Civic because they want more Power and Room in the Accord. There's no reason anymore to upgrade.
I agree. In a crazy way Honda's success with the civic has come back to haunt them.
Sponsored