2018 Si's are on lots

tehSteve

GrayBeard McGootch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Si
Country flag
For anyone that cares, I used the inventory tracker and a bunch of local dealerships here in New Jersey have 2018 Si's on the lot. I'm hopefully going to Honda this afternoon for unrelated things, but plan to sit inside one.

I'm planning to check out for curiosity sake:
  • hows clutch pedal feeling
  • maybe the shifter is tighter
  • any quieter on the direct injection tapping
I'll report back, but does anyone want anything checked out that's non cosmetic?
Sponsored

jpuhl777

First Name
Jp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe (WOP)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
don't have to check for this specifically but I was curious about exterior fit and finish. I've kind of thought the gaps between panels was a bit larger than I would have guessed for a modern car.

Example: trunk to rear quarter panel spacing.

zx2down

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Altima 2.5 S
Pretty sure they will be 100% the same as the current 17’s. Nothing will change.
Usually on 2nd year the panel gaping/fit finish and super tiny adjustments are done since the factories are now up to speed to production and the bugs can get worked out. It's rarely anything drastic, usually more "enough small fixes" that is noticeable when driving both back to back.

Aero2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TSX, 2010, 6MT
Country flag
don't have to check for this specifically but I was curious about exterior fit and finish. I've kind of thought the gaps between panels was a bit larger than I would have guessed for a modern car.

Example: trunk to rear quarter panel spacing.
It's not just about the size of the gaps, but their consistency. Ford is terrible with this, while Honda is usually excellent. But the other day I saw a brand new CR-V with a huge gap on the right side of the hatch, and a narrow gap on the left.

I have noticed the gaps are wide on the Civic, but at least they're consistent, and at the price I don't expect Lexus LS tolerances.

jpuhl777

First Name
Jp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Agreed, just something I noticed. There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the gaps at all, so at least we're good there. But wouldn't surprise me if Honda tightened things up on 2018's and perhaps maybe again on 2019s (???)

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Agreed, just something I noticed. There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the gaps at all, so at least we're good there. But wouldn't surprise me if Honda tightened things up on 2018's and perhaps maybe again on 2019s (???)
You do realize that the Si was only released a couple months ago unlike the other Civics. So for any changes at all I highly doubt.

jpuhl777

First Name
Jp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
it shares the body, all that would be the same as any other model coupe, which has been out for much longer

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
it shares the body, all that would be the same as any other model coupe, which has been out for much longer
Similiar but not the same as there are actually a lot of extetior difference s

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
I'll report back, but does anyone want anything checked out that's non cosmetic?
Yes, please report back any changes you can see.
This information is useful since I am deciding on either 2017 or 2018 SI.

OP
OP
tehSteve

tehSteve

GrayBeard McGootch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Si
Country flag
I'm back. Everything appears to be exactly the same. Clutch pedal, shifter, everything.
However... this is interesting.... the gaps on the external body still vary. I saw some with the hood out of alignment.
Rear doors on sedans aren't flush with body contours.
Few bumpers had gaps.

Doesn't seem like anything got "buttoned up".

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
I'm back. Everything appears to be exactly the same. Clutch pedal, shifter, everything.
However... this is interesting.... the gaps on the external body still vary. I saw some with the hood out of alignment. Rear doors on sedans aren't flush with body contours. Few bumpers had gaps.
Thanks, very informative.
Can this gaps be fixed by the dealership?

philharmonik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Accord EX-L V6 Sedan
Country flag
However... this is interesting.... the gaps on the external body still vary. I saw some with the hood out of alignment.
Rear doors on sedans aren't flush with body contours.
Few bumpers had gaps.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2018 Si's are on lots tenor

Whew! Glad there are no differences. I just purchased a new 2017 and its currently in transit to the dealership. Should be picking it up by the weekend. Would be kicking myself if there were substantial changes. :D
Sponsored