First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I could see the 18 or 19 going from the lane watch camera system to a blind spot indicator system
Any official word on this or just speculation?
Speculation, but the 2017 CR-V already switched to this
Only on the Touring trim though. The others still only get LaneWatch.

So I can see the Touring trim levels of the Civic MAYBE getting the blind spot warning/indicator, but not the other trim levels.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
Only on the Touring trim though. The others still only get LaneWatch.

So I can see the Touring trim levels of the Civic MAYBE getting the blind spot warning/indicator, but not the other trim levels.
I wondered if it'd be the opposite, as my wife's CR-V has blind spot monitoring and it's the EX trim.

The blind spot monitors are good, and I think it's very reliable, but she prefers LaneWatch. I kinda do, too, because I still want visual confirmation, and the side camera allows me to watch for faster traffic coming up from the right rear while BSM would never catch it.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
I wondered if it'd be the opposite, as my wife's CR-V has blind spot monitoring and it's the EX trim.
Doesn't realize that ShuJam is from Toronto and has a Canadian model where BSI is only available on Touring where in the US, it's standard on EX+. Waste of an argument there.
Sponsored