Chriscivi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic si HFP
Country flag
Hi everyone! I am new to this forum and I am currently looking at purchasing a 2018 honda civic si coupe HFP with 6600 kms and in Rallye Red. I was hoping you guys could give me some advice, I have test driven it once and I really enjoyed it. Any problems/issues you run into other than the annoying rev hang?

Also if you could assure me that it is a good deal... it is in perfect shape, 1 tiny scratch in the back but no accidents. They are wanting 25,500. Also do you think it would be worth paying $1000 to put it into the Honda certified program for an extra 2 years of warranty?

I will post some pictures below.

Thanks everyone!!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Chriscivi

Chriscivi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic si HFP
Country flag
Depends how much the HFP kit is worth to you.
Looks like you're within $1000 of getting a brand new 2020.
Hey Jeff, so I do live in Canada and the price of a new civic SI is actually 32,000 here before taxes.

Jeffers

First Name
Jeffers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe purchased on 11-24-19
Country flag
Hey Jeff, so I do live in Canada and the price of a new civic SI is actually 32,000 here before taxes.
Opps, and I thought California prices were high!
Had no idea.

OP
OP
Chriscivi

Chriscivi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic si HFP
Country flag

Opps, and I thought California prices were high!
Had no idea.
Yeah the exchange rate is terrible! The price of the HFP coupe starting here in 2018 was 35000. So basically a 10000 discount because it has 6600 km on it.

Deleted User 1886347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My Si new was $31k before taxes (Sedan, not HFP). I’m in Canada too. It does suck, lol.

If I was in the market for a coupe, I probably would have went for that one you’re looking at over buying new.

If you’re happy with it, I’d say go for it.

freezingmoon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si coupe
Country flag
I’ll sell you my white 2018 here in Vancouver for the same price, slightly higher mileage but has prl flex fuel kit tuned by Derek Robinson, map intake, downpipe and frontpipe, Hasport rear mount, black work emotion cr Kai wheels... car is in mint condition no scratches, no accidents or anything at all... garage kept since I bought it new...

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
HFP comes with 19- inch wheels. Not sure of your local road conditions, this may not be a good idea. IMO, 18-inch for a small coupe like Civic is already an overkill.

OP
OP
Chriscivi

Chriscivi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic si HFP
Country flag
HFP comes with 19- inch wheels. Not sure of your local road conditions, this may not be a good idea. IMO, 18-inch for a small coupe like Civic is already an overkill.
Honestly the conditions are not terrible, I had a 2013 genesis coupe with 19" rims and it was fine, what issues do you think I will run into?

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
Honestly the conditions are not terrible, I had a 2013 genesis coupe with 19" rims and it was fine, what issues do you think I will run into?
Potholes, dips or uneven pavement... I live in Toronto and local road conditions are not good.

h2bmess

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Si
Country flag
I'll give you my honest opinion, a few things i see that concern me. Firstly, the headlights have been upgraded to either a touring civic or Type-R. The red H emblems on the front, rear and wheels are not OEM. The most expensive part of the HFP kit is the suspension, i would confirm its installed on the car. Finally the yellow fogs, weather a laminx cover or aftermarket lenses are not OEM. I also don't see any engine pics?(concerning to me) IMO i would look for another vehicle. Previously modified cars scare me, however if thats you're twist go for it

forum_user

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 fz-07
Country flag
I'll give you my honest opinion, a few things i see that concern me. Firstly, the headlights have been upgraded to either a touring civic or Type-R. The red H emblems on the front, rear and wheels are not OEM. The most expensive part of the HFP kit is the suspension, i would confirm its installed on the car. Finally the yellow fogs, weather a laminx cover or aftermarket lenses are not OEM. I also don't see any engine pics?(concerning to me) IMO i would look for another vehicle. Previously modified cars scare me, however if thats you're twist go for it
canadian si’s have led headlights as standard

OP
OP
Chriscivi

Chriscivi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic si HFP
Country flag
I’ll sell you my white 2018 here in Vancouver for the same price, slightly higher mileage but has prl flex fuel kit tuned by Derek Robinson, map intake, downpipe and frontpipe, Hasport rear mount, black work emotion cr Kai wheels... car is in mint condition no scratches, no accidents or anything at all... garage kept since I bought it new...
W
Thank you these are all things I like to debate! I did not realize the fog lights were not oem, I did see the engine and it honestly looked just perfect. It only has 6000km on it and is actually coming from a Honda Dealer. I could get the salesman to send me a couple and I will post them.
I will confirm that the suspension is in there as well. In regards to the wheels they are just the HFP upgraded ones. They even say HFP on them
Sponsored