JayOoz

First Name
Zoo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Ex-T- sedan - 6 speed MT
Country flag
Hello, My 2018 Honda civic Ex-t is stock. I want to upgrade my performance. I was wondering what should i start with? for cold air intake i was thinking of PRL Cobra Cold Air Intake (racing edition). Would you guys recommend for me to upgrade my inter cooler as well.?
Sponsored

OP
OP
JayOoz

JayOoz

First Name
Zoo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I think you need a tune with the racing cai anyway. Iā€™ve seen tons of similar threads (improving performance) and the most popular response has always been a tune. Most bang for your buck when starting out.
yea i did see a lot of threads too.
I think you need a tune with the racing cai anyway. Iā€™ve seen tons of similar threads (improving performance) and the most popular response has always been a tune. Most bang for your buck when starting out.
There's a lot of mix review for the tune and performance some just got a tune that doesn't make a difference in performance and others feel a performance. Just a hard decision to decide.

OP
OP
JayOoz

JayOoz

First Name
Zoo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
would you recommend PRL CAI (racing edition)?

REBELXSi

SeƱor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
would you recommend PRL CAI (racing edition)?
It's not the "racing edition" it's the Race MAF version. The difference between the Street and Race MAF versions are that one (the street) doesn't need a tune while the other (the race) includes a bigger MAF housing and thus requires a tune to adjust for the increased air flow.

If you ever plan on getting a ktuner/hondata, you should get the race version IMO but you cant run the race version without it.

OP
OP
JayOoz

JayOoz

First Name
Zoo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It's not the "racing edition" it's the Race MAF version. The difference between the Street and Race MAF versions are that one (the street) doesn't need a tune while the other (the race) includes a bigger MAF housing and thus requires a tune to adjust for the increased air flow.

If you ever plan on getting a ktuner/hondata, you should get the race version IMO but you cant run the race version without it.
thanks for the correction. a tune as in tune up right? lol my apology pretty new at this. yes, i was planning on hondata. can or can't?

REBELXSi

SeƱor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
thanks for the correction. a tune as in tune up right? lol my apology pretty new at this. yes, i was planning on hondata.
a "tune" as in an ECU reflash.... what Hondata or Ktuner is for.