2018 Honda Civic EX-L. What did you pay?

FireCr@cker

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX-L
Recently bought a 2018 Honda Civic EX-L, no sensing, no navi for $21.5k, OTD $25.1k. I live in California.

With the college financing, I got $500 off, so it went from 22k to 21.5k. MSRP was $24,895. Factory Invoice they showed me was like $22,394.

I was only able to get tints with this. How would you rate this deal (terrible, bad, ok, good, excellent)? And why did you give it the rating you did?

How much did you get your car for and what state are you from?
Sponsored

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
Recently bought a 2018 Honda Civic EX-L, no sensing, no navi for $21.5k, OTD $25.1k. I live in California.

With the college financing, I got $500 off, so it went from 22k to 21.5k. MSRP was $24,895. Factory Invoice they showed me was like $22,394.

I was only able to get tints with this. How would you rate this deal (terrible, bad, ok, good, excellent)? And why did you give it the rating you did?

College Financing ? Are you a Student or a Teacher. ?

If you are Teacher, you got a good deal -- Congratulations.

If you are a student -- LUCKY YOU -- must be nice !!
When I was a Student, all the car 1 could afford cost me about $240

OP
OP

FireCr@cker

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX-L
College Financing ? Are you a Student or a Teacher. ?

If you are Teacher, you got a good deal -- Congratulations.

If you are a student -- LUCKY YOU -- must be nice !!
When I was a Student, all the car 1 could afford cost me about $240
Really? Thanks! I actually just recently graduated from college. This is the first time I bought a car all on my own. Can you help me understand why you think this is a good deal? I negotiated it down but I didn't really understand whether this is a good deal or not.

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
Really? Thanks! I actually just recently graduated from college. This is the first time I bought a car all on my own. Can you help me understand why you think this is a good deal? I negotiated it down but I didn't really understand whether this is a good deal or not.
It's a good deal because you got the car you wanted, considerably below average market price.

California Average Price = $23,250
You paid = $21500

Honda Civic 10th gen 2018 Honda Civic EX-L. What did you pay? Honda_2018

THATS why you did good -- you really should have know the above before going to the dealer, but it would seem you really lucked out.

Now maybe it's time to stop obsessing on how much you paid for it (that's History), and start worrying about what it is going to cost to keep it on the road. :drive:

Last edited:

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Recently bought a 2018 Honda Civic EX-L, no sensing, no navi
BTW: Good option choices.

Sensing is just something waiting to go wrong and get you into trouble when you least expect it, and have become too reliant upon it.

Garmin Nav is not nearly as good as Google Maps or Wazes, and the Voice command with the Garmin option seldom get it right.

PLUS: No need for Garmin updates -- and no need to have the Garmin software running on your Infotainment Unit, further slowing it down. Navigation Apps run far better on your Smartphone with AA or Carplay.

ENJOY ---

neastguy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury Mariner
Country flag
what does one consider a fair OTD price including taxes and fees on a Hatchback EX-L? is 25k possible?

owpcivicx

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Country flag

Posted in another forum and kind of late to this one but adding my cost in case you are still interested-

I purchased the 2018 EX-L sedan (no sensing/no navi) for 25k OTD, ~22.5k before TTL one year ago (April 2018). Sounds like the same car as yours, yeah?

I did not finance, so this is the true OTD price. The 1k difference between our price could easily be zip code related. Only add-ons from the dealer were wheel locks and "theft deterrent" if that counts for anything. I made one visit to the dealership and was ready to buy. I did not think I had a good deal on my hands immediately after and that bothered me; however I have been enjoying the car and on top of putting over 20k miles on it, I'm happy to have purchased.
Sponsored