First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
can anyone figure out what this button does?

I'm trying to figure out if Honda really meant it when they said Honda Sensing would be standard on all models - as in also on 6 speed manuals. The 6 speed has a blank here, but it does show the buttons for adaptive cruise and lane keep assist

LWqOloc.png

Honda Civic 10th gen 2018 Honda Accord Discussion {filename}
Hard to read exactly what it is could be in the pic - but since it's a Touring (ventilated seat button is the giveaway for me) - wonder if it's the adjustable suspension toggle?

Trying to find a pic, but the icon looks kinda similar to the same button on the Euro-spec Civics.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
I can't see why the 6MT wouldn't get it, in light of the Fit getting Sensing on the 6MT EX standard. It's all plug & play.

exyia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SportTouring Hatch, 2010 EvoX SE
Country flag
Hard to read exactly what it is could be in the pic - but since it's a Touring (ventilated seat button is the giveaway for me) - wonder if it's the adjustable suspension toggle?

Trying to find a pic, but the icon looks kinda similar to the same button on the Euro-spec Civics.
Found it

It's the HUD button - at 3:45 in video (forum code keeps truncating my timestamped links)

OnTheGround

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport. 2018 Honda Civic Hatch EX. 2018 Honda Accord Sport 1.5t 6MT
I test drove a Sport and a Touring (both 1.5t obviously) along with a Civic Si. Honestly I enjoyed the Si more, but it might just have been because of the 6MT. I told the dealership to call me back when they got a Sport 6MT and I'd render a final verdict on which I'll buy. He said there was none coming for at least three months in their computer. I was hoping/expecting with all the hype around the manual that they'd be pushing at least one to each dealership at or near launch.

I will say I was INCREDIBLY impressed with the Honda Sensing, having never been exposed to it before. Brought me right to a stop in rush hour traffic. Does anybody know how all these systems work with a manual? I'm assuming the low speed follow is hard to implement. I am a little disappointed that the 1.5 Sport does not have proximity entry (but, oddly enough, it does have pushbutton start). I found the Head-up display distracting. The 1.5 has a lot more punch than I was expecting in the Accord. I loved the styling in person, but another point for the Civic was the seating position; it felt way too low in the Accord. I need to play with the seating adjustments when the manual comes in to see if I can make it more natural feeling, but I am coming from an SUV so any sedan feels weird.

Overall I liked it, but still need to find a manual transmission to play with before I decide if I'll be buying an Accord or Civic.

xcoreflyup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport (Traded in), 2022 BIG PRIUS
Country flag
Saw the 2018 Camry up close yesterday. I am very curious about the sales number between these 2. It will be interesting

OnTheGround

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport. 2018 Honda Civic Hatch EX. 2018 Honda Accord Sport 1.5t 6MT
EX is the best value in the Accord and many other Honda Models. The Sport is just an LX Sport in a sense. I would never buy the Sport or Touring because of the rubber-band tires.
If Honda offered the EX with a manual I'd probably be shopping for that over the Sport (Sunroof, Smart Key, and easier-to-maintain rubber), unfortunately they aren't. I could save up for a few extra months, go for a 2.0t Sport and put on my own rubber, but that's a bit of overkill for my needs. I'm just looking for a commuter car to add to my garage once I have my current vehicle paid off, which means I have a few months still. It's between a Civic EX-T and an Accord Sport. Unfortunately, it seems that finding either car with a manual is not as easy as I'd hoped.