First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Already seen a decent number of these around - and I live in the "pickups-define-muh-masculinity" part of VA.

Definitely less offensive in person. And they're frickin huge too lol
Sponsored

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Already seen a decent number of these around - and I live in the "pickups-define-muh-masculinity" part of VA.

Definitely less offensive in person. And they're frickin huge too lol
I've seen a few, not as many as i thought i would, seems the CRV is dominating in my area of central Ohio.

The accord's size is mostly a visual illusion, much like the civic sedans, if i'm not mistaken, the new accord is actually shorter in length than the previous accord (but with a longer wheel base) while being lower and marginally wider. But i agree, visually they seem large, i think in part to the long hood that is so high and flat in combination with the coupe like roofline.

Dy2_Str33t_King

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White Civic Si Sedan
I traded my 18 Si in on an 18 Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT and I fckn love it. I miss the gauges and the boost gauge but overall it's an amazing car. I put in to be a tester for Hondata because they plan on doing the new Accord very soon, so I hope I hear something back.

Dy2_Str33t_King

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So much faster then an Si huh?
I can't really get on it, only have 200 miles on it but just as far as half throttle goes, yeah. It accelerates much easier than the Civic did. Once I run out this shitty 87 octane and start running 93, it will get a bit peppier too. There is a loss of almost 20whp from Hondata's dyno sheet when running 87 compared to premium fuel.

And an update, Hondata contacted me today to be a tester for the Flashpro. I sent in my payment info and am now waiting for conformation and shipping info. Hope to really wake this thing up soon!

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The new 2.0T accord just makes me miss the accord coupe body style even more... i get that midsize coupes don't sell all that well, but a 2.oT coupe would be fantastic.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Good idea however, I still don't think it would sell considering they had a V6 sedan and coupe and the coupe didn't sell.
I just said mid size coupes don't sell well... so yea... it wouldn't sell well... I wasn't suggesting the 2.oT would make a mid size coupe sell more than the v6 did, just that it'd be nice to have the coupe option. lol.

That said, i've always been a big proponent of honda creating a mustang/camaro fighter under the prelude nameplate. Essentially a sportier more aggressive accord coupe. They could offer the 2.oT as a base engine and a turbo V6 as an upper trim option. They could even offer AWD versions to offset the fact honda rarely does a RWD car, and even a new prelude would probably be FWD. The new underpinnings of the accord/civic/crv is more than capable. Then it wouldn't matter how many it sold, as it would be an "image" car for the brand, a flagship even. But alas... i don't see that happening anytime soon as sales on sedans/coupes slips away to crossovers. We'd be more likely to see a Type R CRV at this point... sadly.

hamhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Honda Civic Si FA5-SK2 CAI,FP
Hondata is out for 2018 accord 2.0T. Stage 1 and 2 tunes. 285whp, 375wtq +55whp +85wtq gains

what do you guys think?

Last edited:

Dy2_Str33t_King

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hondata is out for 2018 accord 2.0T. Stage 1 and 2 tunes. 285whp, 375wtq +55whp +85wtq gains

what do you guys think?
I'm 1 of the 2 testers for these tunes. It is still in BETA right now but Monday they will be releasing Stage 1,2 and 3 to the public.

I run the stage 2 on 93 octane and the car is NASTY. It get up to speed effortlessly. Can't wait to upload the stage 3. Hondata said this is pretty much the limit without creating too much knock or losing power. The turbo is pretty much maxed. I'd still like to see what a custom tune would bring.

Stage 1; red line 20 psi. 334 torque 280 HP
Stage 2; blue line 25 psi. 370 torque 290 HP
Stage 3; pink line 26 psi. 375 torque 290 HP

Honda Civic 10th gen 2018 Honda Accord Discussion stg1vstg2vstg3_boost

Honda Civic 10th gen 2018 Honda Accord Discussion stg1vstg2vstg3_pwr

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Tenth gen Accord is coming to China soon with a "new" engine: a different version of the 1.5t with 195 PS and 260 Nm torque paired to the CVT. It seems there will be no 2.0T and no manual transmissions available:confused:
Until now the most powerful engine with CVT was the CRV with 193 PS and 250 Nm.
Good news for CVT owners, Honda is confident it can hold Si numbers.

IDriveACivic

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
To the general public, the Camry will always be the most desirable midsize because it's dependable, reliable, predictable, no-frills, and economical. 2018 Accord really appeals auto-enthusiasts, but unfortunately, "enthusiast" cars don't sell as well (see the entire Mazda lineup).

It's alarming that the Altima is outselling the Accord.

OnTheGround

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport. 2018 Honda Civic Hatch EX. 2018 Honda Accord Sport 1.5t 6MT
Surprised by the sales numbers. Maybe they will increase spring/summer

http://www.chicagotribune.com/class...-honda-accord-not-selling-20180319-story.html
I've been hemming and hawing over a purchase for some time (Since before I joined this forum. It's actually tied to selling and buying property, which is a process that's taken much longer than I hoped. Just made an offer on a house today though so we're moving). As I'm finally progressing on the other financial goals I've begun to ask myself what I want to do; Buy a Civic, or an Accord.

Frankly, having taken time to compare them the Accord's pricing is too much; it's about $6,000 more than a comparable Civic. The Civic is already a pretty big car, and at the current pricing layout it's probably cannibalizing Accord sales like crazy. I know for me the only reason I want the Accord is because I can get a manual transmission with Honda Sensing (not currently possible on the Civic), but to get that I have to pay a $4,000 premium over the Civic EX-T *AND* I need to give up the Smart key and sunroof (Or it's a $1,500 premium over the Si with the same drawbacks). I'd rather have the nicer features for the lower price than Sensing, or I can wait for the 2019 Civic to see if there's a Facelift and it addresses that drawback. This isn't even mentioning the controversial styling (which I actually like myself, but probably turns a lot of buyers off when they're paying a premium)

For 2019 Honda needs to lower the Accord's price by about $1,500-$2,000, at least on the 1.5t models. I'm willing to bet if they did that *and* offered more incentives (lower APR, better lease rates, not necessarily discounts) the sales would take off.

kritz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17Civic SI sedan
Good points. I imagine Civic sales are eating into them. The Civic is so much bigger now than it used to be.

OnTheGround

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport. 2018 Honda Civic Hatch EX. 2018 Honda Accord Sport 1.5t 6MT
Hopefully Honda will come out with a good incentive for the summer. The 2017 stock has to be almost gone by now.

Better off buying the 2018 Accord Hybrid seeing as they dropped the MSRP by $4,500!
We almost traded my Girlfriend's 2010 Accord EX-L on a 2017 Hybrid Touring (One of their last three 2017s in stock at the time) during one local dealership's big end of model year blowout sale. We ended up about $2,000 apart and neither of us would give in any further. That sale was in November, and all their 2017 cars were sold by the end of it. I talked to my contact there in January last and I believe he said they'd sold about 30 2018s to date and had about 50 in stock.

The other local dealer didn't hold a blowout sale, refused to negotiate the price of any of their cars, and still has a healthy stock of 2017s sitting on the lot (Thus except for a Sport and a couple of Tourings, I think all of which are 2.0ts, their inventory of 2018s sits in the back unseen unless you ask specifically for them). About a month ago while getting it serviced we tried to see if they would offer a good deal to trade my girlfriend's car in on one of one of their remaining 2017 EX-Ls, but again they wouldn't come down on their price at all; they expected more money for that EX-L than the other dealer was asking for a Hybrid Touring. I think they're insane. And that "WE REFUSE TO NEGOTIATE" mentality may also be contributing to the slow sales if other dealerships are in the same mindset.

If I give up on getting the manual transmission I'll probably go for a hybrid, but it'll be the Insight instead of the Accord Hybrid. I'd imagine the Insight will be cheaper and at least a little more engaging to drive, and will return better fuel economy.
Sponsored