2018 Honda Accord Discussion

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
2018 or 2019 MY for sure... My predictions will be it'll adopt styling closer to the Precision concept (more than just the front grill shape like the TLX got), it'll be on the new civic/accord platform. I'd imagine it'll either get the Si tuned 1.5T or the 2.0T from the new accord or both. IF acura decides to actually take the A-spec models seriously they could make some really great performance variant models that would attract buyers from other brands.
I think Honda/Acura are in a bit of a predicament trying to fill the 210-240 HP void. I foresee the ILX getting the Si's 1.5T configuration (maybe tweaked for a little more power) mated with the DCT. That alone should make the car fairly potent over most other 1.5T variations from other models. Acura will focus on the chassis as a differentiator. But some die-hard Acura fans will end up being disappointed.

I still think a 2.0T raises costs a little too much for some entry level platforms like the ILX and Si. And that's the feedback I keep hearing out of Torrance. As it stands, it's highly unlikely we'll see Honda/Acura's 2.0T in a package for anything less than 30K. But they could surprise us and offer a compromise in the 220-230 HP range for a little more coin. And I'd lean more towards a 1.5T as the powertrain that would get us there.

The A-Spec line could really make things interesting. :cool:
Sponsored

Last edited:

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think Honda/Acura are in a bit of a predicament trying to fill the 210-240 HP void. I foresee the ILX getting the Si's 1.5T configuration (maybe tweaked for a little more power) mated with the DCT. That alone should make the car fairly potent over most other 1.5T variations from other models. Acura will focus on the chassis as a differentiator. But some die-hard Acura fans will end up being disappointed.

I still think a 2.0T raises costs a little too much for some entry level platforms like the ILX and Si. And that's the feedback I keep hearing out of Torrance. As it stands, it's highly unlikely we'll see Honda/Acura's 2.0T in a package for anything less than 30K. But they could surprise us and offer a compromise in the 220-230 HP range for a little more coin. And I'd lean more towards a 1.5T as the powertrain that would get us there.

The A-Spec line could really make things interesting. :cool:

Overall i agree. Any entry level ILX will probably come with the 1.5T similar to Si tuning mated to a heavily revised DCT (which seems to be a weak point in most of the reviews i've read). However... should Acura get serious with the A-Spec models and make them legit sport models in same vain as Audi's S and RS variants, BMW M Division, etc... i could see a ILX A-Spec to the tune of the CTR spec 2.0T (or around that area). Have the next TLX come with detuned 2.0T as the base (around 250 hp) and then offer a turbo V6 as the A-Spec model that makes over 300 horses. With the right tuning and keeping the prices below competition Acura could really jump start their sad sales numbers on their sedans.

I also think offering a more affordable sports car would help boost their image (the baby NSX we've all heard and seen things about that could compete with the likes of the Audi TT, BMW Z4/5, etc). With the growth of CUV and SUV sales recently it wouldn't hurt them to release some more hardcore A-Spec models for the MDX and RDX as well, and they NEED to start making an Acura variant of the HRV to compete in the entry level small CUV segment that's growing.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
TSX/ILX was almost always based off of the civic platform so it will probably come with the 1.5T from the SI. Although at one point, I remember they did offer a "V6" TSX which didn't sell very well because it was so expensive, but they might offer a 2.0T in the same reason they offered a V6 at one point.

Not really sure why people complain about the 8 speed DCT in the current ILX. I have 15k miles on it and have absolutely zero complaints with it.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
TSX/ILX was almost always based off of the civic platform so it will probably come with the 1.5T from the SI. Although at one point, I remember they did offer a "V6" TSX which didn't sell very well because it was so expensive, but they might offer a 2.0T in the same reason they offered a V6 at one point.

Not really sure why people complain about the 8 speed DCT in the current ILX. I have 15k miles on it and have absolutely zero complaints with it.
The DCT thing is weird. Most people i have talked to like the DCT... but all the reviews i've read online seem to dislike it alot. The most recent being the DCT in the revised TLX.

ChrisSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan, 2009 Pilot
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyone know the Embargo for the '18 Accord?
Most articles say something like:
"Price, fuel economy, and driving impressions for the 2018 Accord are embargoed until Oct 2, 2017 at 12:01am EST. "

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
MPG for the 2.0T looks like 23/34 (read his lips @0:55)

Thought it'd be a little higher than that TBH

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I saw a new accord on the way to work today! The local dealership must be doing test drives and training, the whole emblem and silver grill piece was covered in black tape... looked to be a touring model as it had the LED headlights. Only saw it for a minute as it was on the other side of the road. That's the second time i've caught disguised models driving around my area (first time was the TLX before it was released).

*Correction, the accord appears to come standard with LED headlights on all trims (as stated by the C&D Article posted this morning) Wonder if that means the civic will eventually see full LED on all trims (maybe 11th gen).

Last edited:

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
I saw a new accord on the way to work today! The local dealership must be doing test drives and training, the whole emblem and silver grill piece was covered in black tape... looked to be a touring model as it had the LED headlights. Only saw it for a minute as it was on the other side of the road. That's the second time i've caught disguised models driving around my area (first time was the TLX before it was released).

*Correction, the accord appears to come standard with LED headlights on all trims (as stated by the C&D Article posted this morning) Wonder if that means the civic will eventually see full LED on all trims (maybe 11th gen).
Yeah, the Accord comes with standard LED headlights. However, the base accords has a LED low beam and a high beam halogen while the touring has the full LED jewel eye looking headlights

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Sport is still the Sport not matter if you get the 1.5 or 2.0T. EX is the best value which is what I'm going to try for.

EX-L and Touring give the best obviously.

Only difference between 1.5 and 2.0T is motor and trans.
The 1.5T Sport is based off a LX model like all the other previous "sport" trims.
The 2.0T Sport is now based off an EX model so it has the sunroof and the heated seats, etc.

The link that you posted above of the overview has the differences.

zx2down

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Altima 2.5 S
I like the idea of the manual with the 2.0T, but the lack of coupe option is really hashing my buzz on it. I'm eager to see how it looks with a tune. more eager to see how it does with a few Type R parts swapped over.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah, the Accord comes with standard LED headlights. However, the base accords has a LED low beam and a high beam halogen while the touring has the full LED jewel eye looking headlights
Well the one i saw was a touring then... it had the usual honda jewel eye LED headlights. Hopefully we'll see full LED on the civic after the mid model update, or the 11th gen. My dealer (who i have on facebook) confirmed that today was training day for them.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Well the one i saw was a touring then... it had the usual honda jewel eye LED headlights. Hopefully we'll see full LED on the civic after the mid model update, or the 11th gen. My dealer (who i have on facebook) confirmed that today was training day for them.
Touring Headlamps - Led high beams
Honda Civic 10th gen 2018 Honda Accord Discussion OOtryd

Base Headlamps - Halogen High beams
Honda Civic 10th gen 2018 Honda Accord Discussion e7gjvOv

notice how the base model lamps has a reflector high beam section.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'll be interested to see how well the 2.0MT Sport sells. I feel like Honda's trying to do fan service - but I don't know who the audience would be. :what:

If they hold up well, I may take a peek at a 2.0 Touring down the line.

exyia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SportTouring Hatch, 2010 EvoX SE
Country flag
can anyone figure out what this button does?

I'm trying to figure out if Honda really meant it when they said Honda Sensing would be standard on all models - as in also on 6 speed manuals. The 6 speed has a blank here, but it does show the buttons for adaptive cruise and lane keep assist

Honda Civic 10th gen 2018 Honda Accord Discussion LWqOloc

Honda Civic 10th gen 2018 Honda Accord Discussion LWqOloc
Sponsored

Last edited: