First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It might also scan for stop signs, prevent the driver from running a stop sign.
Just checked the Ireland site, says it's apparently scanning for any sign that might be relevant...Hmm...:hmm:
Sponsored

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The new Accord is quite similar to the Honda Spirior for Chinese market in some angles.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2018 Honda Accord Discussion 5a45ddc9ef84c71bb6e5b263ccb4910b_ori

Honda Civic 10th gen 2018 Honda Accord Discussion fd339bac16aea9b6466a02f6621bd1c8

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The new Accord is quite similar to the Honda Spirior for Chinese market in some angles.

5a45ddc9ef84c71bb6e5b263ccb4910b_orig.jpg

fd339bac16aea9b6466a02f6621bd1c8.jpeg
I figured the new accord would borrow some from the Spirior... I actually like the look of the Spirior a bit more, it's got a few more angles on the front that help it not seem so flat.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I thought it would display in the HUD?
Probably, maybe... i honestly don't know, i haven't read up on it in detail yet. I figured it already has forward collision mitigation, why not apply brakes to stop at a sign too? lol.

kc189go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 CivicEX
It should. I believe Audi pioneered this technology a few years back?
Yes, the Audi system appears to display a replica of the traffic sign on the driver's info display (maybe in the HUD as well if the car has one). There are a few youtube videos on it. Not clear whether the car actively responds to the sign or not, though.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes, the Audi system appears to display a replica of the traffic sign on the driver's info display (maybe in the HUD as well if the car has one). There are a few youtube videos on it. Not clear whether the car actively responds to the sign or not, though.
I kind of hope not. Enough situations in my mind where having the car auto-brake at a stop sign would be problematic.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm sure it can be adjusted and/or turned off completely.
Pretty sure the whole sensing suite can be shut off. I hope so. They decide to make it standard on all models of civic in the next few years and it'll be the first thing i do.

NV US

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White Honda - Yellow Honda
Honda must not care about the Acura brand.

They just built the Accord to one up the TLX haha

I haven't liked the accord in many generations, however, this car looks to be amazing.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

I haven't liked the accord in many generations, however, this car looks to be amazing.
Almost all of honda's counterparts are now as good or better than acura. I think/hope acura is planning a huge upgrade come time for the total redesigns for the ILX and TLX which will be on the new civic/accord platform, new engines, and hopefully performance that matches other cars in the luxury class instead of their honda counterparts.

kc189go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 CivicEX
Almost all of honda's counterparts are now as good or better than acura. I think/hope acura is planning a huge upgrade come time for the total redesigns for the ILX and TLX which will be on the new civic/accord platform, new engines, and hopefully performance that matches other cars in the luxury class instead of their honda counterparts.
Isn't the MY 2018 ILX supposed to be a full redesign? As in, we should hear about it in a month or two? With the current (2017) ILX pricing vs. features, I can't see buying an ILX vs. a Civic, much less vs. a 2018 Accord.

mno86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Isn't the MY 2018 ILX supposed to be a full redesign? As in, we should hear about it in a month or two? With the current (2017) ILX pricing vs. features, I can't see buying an ILX vs. a Civic, much less vs. a 2018 Accord.
The ILX was a hard enough sell against the 2013 Civic in perhaps everything but looks quite honestly. Why someone would buy an ILX over a 10th gen is a mystery to me, unless prestige is what they are about, in which. Case, maybe don't buy an ILX?

I've got nothing against them. I kinda like em, in fact. But it's not a good value proposition to me.

ShuJam

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had an ILX loaner for a couple of days when I had my TSX in the shop, and I was thoroughly unimpressed with it. Considering the 201HP and the 8-speed DCT, it was very underwhelming. When it was time to trade in my TSX, there wasn't anything in the Acura lineup in my price range to bring me back. The TLX I felt was just a bit too big, didn't want an SUV, so RDX was out, and as I said above, the ILX didn't impress me. That's how I ended up with the Civic - and decided to change it up and get the hatchback body style for the additional versatility.

xcoreflyup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport (Traded in), 2022 BIG PRIUS
Country flag

I absolutely agree. Beside the NSX, nothing on the Acura lineup is impressive. Honda line-up on the hand :D:D

Mikeguyver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 civic ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I love my 16 Civic Ex. From the front to the back, and everything in between. All that tech stuff, I can take it or leave it. I think Honda outdid themselves with this new generation Civic. They really should have concentrated on the Accord first. Instead of back tracking when they made the Civic better looking and giving it more room. Besides, the Accord is to Fusion-like for my tastes. To each there
Honda Civic 10th gen 2018 Honda Accord Discussion FB_IMG_1478736744871
own.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
2018 or 2019 MY for sure... My predictions will be it'll adopt styling closer to the Precision concept (more than just the front grill shape like the TLX got), it'll be on the new civic/accord platform. I'd imagine it'll either get the Si tuned 1.5T or the 2.0T from the new accord or both. IF acura decides to actually take the A-spec models seriously they could make some really great performance variant models that would attract buyers from other brands.
Sponsored