First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They bringing back the Volume Knob and more!
Sponsored

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Volume AND tuning knob! Now everyone can stop their whining about no physical knobs despite having steering wheel audio controls.....

In other news... 192hp 1.5T base with available 6-speed manual Sport Trim as well as the new 2.0T with 252hp also available with the 6-speed manual in Sport trim...

Kinda shocked the 2.0T makes less hp than the V6, but it makes up for some of that with way more torque in an overall lighter package. Longer wheelbase, lower profile, wider stance while being shorter in overall length. No doubt some tuning and that 2.0T can be made into a Type R screamer for the Accord.

Super sad no coupe this time around, Accord coupe was always my future plan for a "grownup" car someday... guess i'll stick with the civic coupes (at least as long as they keep making those...)

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Y'all see the features list? Holy shit
Right? They even included little touches like "thumb rests" on the steering wheel... no doubt we'll see some trickle down on the Mid model updated civics and 11th gen civics.

Jessegovols

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda CRV EXL, 2004 Acura TSX Manual Previous: 92 Mazda MX6 GT, 93 Mitsubishi 3000 GT VR4, 99 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
this thing is awesome. Finally a Sport sedan with 6mt and good feature content plus an awesome 2.0 turbo for 250+ HP and 275 lbs of torque. Awesome styling too. So freaking pleased.

Jessegovols

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda CRV EXL, 2004 Acura TSX Manual Previous: 92 Mazda MX6 GT, 93 Mitsubishi 3000 GT VR4, 99 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
So the reveal is out and I could not be more pleased. I waited for the Si for a long time but was really disappointed overall with the looks of the sedan so I had to pass but I feel Honda really knocked it out of the park with this accord. Available with a short throw 6mt and 1.5 and 2.0 Turbo. 1.5 is putting out 192 hp and 192 torque and the 2.0 putting out 255 hp with about 275 lb torque and still with available 6mt. Add to that full led head lights, Honda sensing standard, gorgeous interiors, high feature content and this car is a total winner.

Javex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sedan EX WOP - Aero Kit/Wing Spoiler
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
this thing is awesome. Finally a Sport sedan with 6mt and good feature content plus an awesome 2.0 turbo for 250+ HP and 275 lbs of torque. Awesome styling too. So freaking pleased.
I posted this cuz someone posted about Honda getting rid of the coupe. I liked the accord coupe... but I didn't like this model a lot. The rims seem interesting. Hopefully we see a civic rocking those lol

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Definitely a good news story. Enthusiasts have been craving a more sporty sedan with a 6MT. Car looks great with a good feature set.

This might pull me away from my planned Si Sedan purchase. :cool:

kalvin126

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Hmmmmm There is a HUD button on the left of the steering wheel. Wonder what that does.

SonicHB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nismo 350Z, Element SC
Country flag
The volume knob is nice, but it can't turn down that ugly front end.

kalvin126

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
There is a HUD button on the left of the steering wheel. What it is :O I would be so jealous if they had a heads up display!

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The volume knob is nice, but it can't turn down that ugly front end.
From a design aspect it doesn't look all that different from the civic front end... Just that they blacked out the area between the upper and lower grills. :/

I'll admit, in car design its the little details that make or break a design... but i definitely like this accord more than the current accord, which isn't bad looking either. And chances are honda will adopt a version of this front end for the civic come time for mid model updates.