IaAsk

First Name
Bengt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport plus hb
Country flag
You are correct its more on rough roads. You have done everything? Can you explain what you tried?
Ive done extra sound proofing in floor and doors..i tried more camber in front..my car is fully rust treated with dinitrol..the best so far is soundproofing floor. But this sound gets in your head so i hear it still..iv have nokian friktion tires on 17inch and its better than 18 with nokian summer. Next i will go for michelin non xl tires..i had this exact sound in a accord type s once but it dissapered when i got lowering springs but i dont know if that helps this time..i think the cavity vibration leads by the front suspension to the floor..it also gets better if you have right tire pressure ,higher pressure more cavity sound..in cars like tesla audi a7 there is a soundproofing material in side the tire for this issue. But there is no tires with this in our dimension..
Sponsored

OP
OP

Hauskuba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic HB 1.5 6MT
Country flag

IaAsk

First Name
Bengt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport plus hb
Country flag
OP
OP

Hauskuba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic HB 1.5 6MT
Country flag
So Dinitrol actually has a soundproofing solution that i will try. They will remove the liners inside the wheel wells, remove underside panels etc. and spray a thick coat of sound proofing material on these areas. I am almost sure it is a panel that is vibrating somewhere and new tyres wont do anything to prevent that.

If this solution doesnt work, i will go back to a German car again.

10thDave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
So basicly the other Honda dealer said it is tyre noise from the wheel arches. Just surprised nobody here have the same sort of noise. I allready spent around 850 dollars (Remember danish salaries and tax :) ) on new tyres and diagnostics on what the problem could be.

They advised me to get the rear wheel arches covered with some thick bitumen to dampen this sound. I have just no idea how to proceed because money is going out the drain as nobody can promise anything. So i reached out to Honda asking them how to proceed.
My suggestion would be to test drive another one pretending to be a new customer, if the sound is the same then you know it's normal.

I was going to say it's probably the tires.

OP
OP

Hauskuba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic HB 1.5 6MT
Country flag
Allready tried another car and it had a similar sound. If it were the tyres, what would you suggest of tyres? 235/45 R17.
Sponsored