2018 hatchback model changes?

himecraig

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Mercedes 320slk 08 Ford Ranger fx4 17 Acura RDX adv 17 Honda Civic Hatch ex-l ns
Country flag
Personally, I'd love to see the availability of all the Honda Sense safety stuff as an option - seems you can get it on just about every other Civic trim.
It's really the only thing that I want from the Touring, but I abhor sitting on dead flesh and have a "been there, done that" relationship with sunroofs and moonroofs - I'd prefer the weight savings of not having it, really.

Bottom line - I'd buy a Civic Sport with a couple grand extra for the safety features - I'm a commuter. But I'm not even entertaining a $29K Touring which has as many downsides as the upside of the safety features, for me.
Isn't that a $21k usd hatch lx with Honda sense and ignore the sunroof?
Sponsored

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
Right, but from what I've been told, the manuals that do come in sell out immediately. Maybe that should tell them something?
One would hope. I think a hatch Si might sell more than a 6MT Sport Touring.

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
How amazing would it be if the 2018 hatchback sport got AWD and over 200 hp and 190 lb ft torque?

I think then the hatchbacks would be selling like hot cakes and I would be the first one at the dealership
That won't happen unless it happens to the Type R/Si first lol.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They should offer the stick in the ST trim in the US and possibly offer an Si hatch but this probably wouldn't happen until 19 at the earliest if at all. Also they should allow you to choose the upgraded audio option in every trim if you so desire.

lopperman

Honda Convert
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
On my 2017 Sport Touring.I got auto High beams, Honda Sense, wireless charger, Led lights, Nav, Leather, heated front & rear seats, 12 speaker 540 watt Stereo.
Same here, but I didn't get wireless charging.

mp2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 NSX, 2017 SI sedan
All 2018 Coupe, Sedan and Hatch will see some additions/changes.

Sensing Standard + BSM, Cross Traffic (CRV)
Volume and/or Tuning Knob(s)
Updated head unit (hopefully)
Different wheels? Colors?
Fan speed buttons (CRV)

If these apply, I'll be trading up.
Won't happen until 2019 model

geolemon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 Honda Civic EX (original owner), '17 Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
Won't happen until 2019 model
It's why I decided to lease rather than buy a 2017 Sport hatch.

3 years to enjoy a "good enough" car that doesn't have Honda Sense, and by that point I expect the sport hatch could have everything I'd want...
Or by then I'd have so much money saved up from this cheap lease I wouldn't have to worry about it anyway.

dragynslayer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport w/ HS
Country flag
Personally, I'd love to see the availability of all the Honda Sense safety stuff as an option - seems you can get it on just about every other Civic trim.
It's really the only thing that I want from the Touring, but I abhor sitting on dead flesh and have a "been there, done that" relationship with sunroofs and moonroofs - I'd prefer the weight savings of not having it, really.

Bottom line - I'd buy a Civic Sport with a couple grand extra for the safety features - I'm a commuter. But I'm not even entertaining a $29K Touring which has as many downsides as the upside of the safety features, for me.
Too bad the Sport hatch in the US isn't the same as the one in Canada. Ours is basically taking a EX grade Hatch and adding the Sport features, plus you can get Honda Sensing.

geolemon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Too bad the Sport hatch in the US isn't the same as the one in Canada. Ours is basically taking a EX grade Hatch and adding the Sport features, plus you can get Honda Sensing.
I live on the Canadian border, actually.
Maybe I should take a drive north - I wonder if there are any registration complications?
Used to be all we worried about were speedometers in kilometers vs. miles, but I'd bet it's a simple menu setting these days.

Unfortunately, I also believe due to different taxes, tariffs and the like, you Canadians pay quite a bit more for cars than we do in the USA (similar to our differences in gas prices, despite being a 10 minute drive from each other).

dragynslayer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I live on the Canadian border, actually.
Maybe I should take a drive north - I wonder if there are any registration complications?
Used to be all we worried about were speedometers in kilometers vs. miles, but I'd bet it's a simple menu setting these days.

Unfortunately, I also believe due to different taxes, tariffs and the like, you Canadians pay quite a bit more for cars than we do in the USA (similar to our differences in gas prices, despite being a 10 minute drive from each other).
I think there's a few hurdles in terms of rules, how warranty works, etc.

Yes, it's on the display beside the gauges, there's a switch you can do between KM and Miles.

In terms of pricing, it is true that it differs. However I noticed that for Civics, the pricing is very competitive here and in some cases a better deal in Canada. taking into account that our dollar went up so the rate is appox. 1.25 CAD per 1.00 USD, the CIVIC LXs hatches here start around 21,000 and ours has more features (heated seats, upgrade display, etc.) Sport hatchbacks in Canada start about $25M for the manual (and like i said it's like the Civic hatch EX - which isn't in Canada, and add a sport package ==> rims, exhaust, alum. pedals, leather wheel, etc)

geolemon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I think there's a few hurdles in terms of rules, how warranty works, etc.

Yes, it's on the display beside the gauges, there's a switch you can do between KM and Miles.

In terms of pricing, it is true that it differs. However I noticed that for Civics, the pricing is very competitive here and in some cases a better deal in Canada. taking into account that our dollar went up so the rate is appox. 1.25 CAD per 1.00 USD, the CIVIC LXs hatches here start around 21,000 and ours has more features (heated seats, upgrade display, etc.) Sport hatchbacks in Canada start about $25M for the manual (and like i said it's like the Civic hatch EX - which isn't in Canada, and add a sport package ==> rims, exhaust, alum. pedals, leather wheel, etc)
Is that CAD or did you convert to USD?

I ask because that sounds like US pricing...
LX here is about $21k, the sport under $22k.
If I could get a Sport with heated seats and the Honda Sense stuff, it would be exactly what I want - and I'd expect about a $3k bump (maybe I'd hope for $2k lol).

If that's CAD, just due to exchange rate that could be a bargain - but I bet there's headaches bringing it over, even though all I want to do is lease one.

...although part of that lease decision was because the sport isn't exactly what I want today... might consider buying, if I actually could buy the car I'd want to keep.
Hmm...

dragynslayer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
the prices i quoted are CAD $
I'm in ontario (close to you in buffalo)

hatchback LX manual with heated seats/ upgraded stereo is $21,490 CAD ($17,258 USD equil)
hatchback sport manual (like US ex plus sport package) comes with sunroof, lanewatch is $25,290 ($20,320 USD equil)
honda sense is a $1,000 option however only comes with CVT models except sport touring manual

i drive a hatchback sport with CVT and honda sense and that lists for $27,590 CAD ($22,160 USD equil.) :D

1.5CivicEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
When do the 2018's hit the dealer lots? And will the 2018 Si's come out at the same time, making a very short 2017 run?
Sponsored