2018 hatchback model changes?

Inertiaman70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Mazda 3 i Touring Hatchback
Country flag
Just wondering if there might be some model lineup changes in store for 2018.

Id really love it if they brought the manual Sport Touring to the US, they already sell them in Canada (and elsewhere?) Maybe the popularity of the manual in the hatchback will convince Honda to sell the higher trim level(s).
Sponsored

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
Just wondering if there might be some model lineup changes in store for 2018.

Id really love it if they brought the manual Sport Touring to the US, they already sell them in Canada (and elsewhere?) Maybe the popularity of the manual in the hatchback will convince Honda to sell the higher trim level(s).
No chance. There's hardly any Sport manuals being sold cause production is so low.

OP
OP
Inertiaman70

Inertiaman70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Mazda 3 i Touring Hatchback
Country flag
No chance. There's hardly any Sport manuals being sold cause production is so low.
Right, but from what I've been told, the manuals that do come in sell out immediately. Maybe that should tell them something?

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Nahh, Honda doesn't do changes after one year unless that particular model was deemed a 'failure'. Like the 2012 Civic. Bunch of people were speculating blind spot monitoring for 2017 sedans or auto high beams and they didn't get shit. Expect the exact same trend.

Colahonda84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Focus
I think this is probably a given (and probably the most simple idea). How about adopting the volume knob from the CR-V on the infotainment system?

BonestockFK7

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport 5dr
I always thought that was funny, because the 12 model was the best looking of the 9th gens, but whatever.
hm Id beg to differ, the '13 was best defined especially in Si, especially in Taffy White but i'm also bias.

ulieq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Coupe 2019
Country flag
I'm hoping for Blind Spot detection system added to the 17 CRV.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Real blind spot detection, not that generic camera?
Yup, BSI with Cross Traffic Alert, but if you're talking about parking sensors, it's a dealer installed accessory

RBorden629

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring, 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
It was... On Touring models
I have a 2017 Civic Sport Touring and It does not have blind spot monitoring. I would have expect that in a Touring model. I love the cst but really. Touring supposed to have all the bells and whistles. My sticker even says "LED Fog lights", Honda doesn't even offer that. Honda gave me wireless charging in place of the there mistake. Apparently this was on all the Sport Tourings.

zrwizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport,2016 CRV SE, 2014 Mustang, 2011 Mustang, 2010 Civic LX-
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Don't want any of that tech stuff, give me 15 HP more and the 3rd exhaust pipe.

RBorden629

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring, 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Nahh, Honda doesn't do changes after one year unless that particular model was deemed a 'failure'. Like the 2012 Civic. Bunch of people were speculating blind spot monitoring for 2017 sedans or auto high beams and they didn't get shit. Expect the exact same trend.
On my 2017 Sport Touring.I got auto High beams, Honda Sense, wireless charger, Led lights, Nav, Leather, heated front & rear seats, 12 speaker 540 watt Stereo.

geolemon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 Honda Civic EX (original owner), '17 Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
Personally, I'd love to see the availability of all the Honda Sense safety stuff as an option - seems you can get it on just about every other Civic trim.
It's really the only thing that I want from the Touring, but I abhor sitting on dead flesh and have a "been there, done that" relationship with sunroofs and moonroofs - I'd prefer the weight savings of not having it, really.

Bottom line - I'd buy a Civic Sport with a couple grand extra for the safety features - I'm a commuter. But I'm not even entertaining a $29K Touring which has as many downsides as the upside of the safety features, for me.
Sponsored

Reactions: jks