First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 Honda Civic EX (original owner), '17 Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
the prices i quoted are CAD $
I'm in ontario (close to you in buffalo)

hatchback LX manual with heated seats/ upgraded stereo is $21,490 CAD ($17,258 USD equil)
hatchback sport manual (like US ex plus sport package) comes with sunroof, lanewatch is $25,290 ($20,320 USD equil)
honda sense is a $1,000 option however only comes with CVT models except sport touring manual

i drive a hatchback sport with CVT and honda sense and that lists for $27,590 CAD ($22,160 USD equil.) :D
That's basically EXACTLY what I want, and yet that price is basically the sport sticker price here without the Honda Sense, sunroof, and heated seats (sport here doesn't cone with remote starte, either - yours might).

Might be worth an inquiry at a Canadian dealer... But I'm skeptical still, probably import laws or huge tariffs that would add thousands, if nor make it impossible.

What a tease!
Sponsored

dragynslayer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport w/ HS
Country flag
That's basically EXACTLY what I want, and yet that price is basically the sport sticker price here without the Honda Sense, sunroof, and heated seats (sport here doesn't cone with remote starte, either - yours might).

Might be worth an inquiry at a Canadian dealer... But I'm skeptical still, probably import laws or huge tariffs that would add thousands, if nor make it impossible.

What a tease!
Yep, mine comes with I think everything the US EX Trim does, so mine has Remote start as well.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I live on the Canadian border, actually.
Maybe I should take a drive north - I wonder if there are any registration complications?
Used to be all we worried about were speedometers in kilometers vs. miles, but I'd bet it's a simple menu setting these days.

Unfortunately, I also believe due to different taxes, tariffs and the like, you Canadians pay quite a bit more for cars than we do in the USA (similar to our differences in gas prices, despite being a 10 minute drive from each other).
It's not just a simple "I'll drive across the border and buy a car and bring it back, no problem." There's a LOT of bs involved in getting cars in from out of country.

geolemon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It's not just a simple "I'll drive across the border and buy a car and bring it back, no problem." There's a LOT of bs involved in getting cars in from out of country.
I was just looking into that...

Looks like as long as it passes US emissions (I'd suspect the US and Canadian Civic aren't really different), it looks like there's not really a lot of BS, just a bunch of extra paperwork and a duty that works out to be about $600. I'm not sure how Canadian GST compares to NY sales tax, but as US citizens we wouldn't pay any PST.

http://www.ezbordercrossing.com/the...port-a-vehicle/importing-vehicle-from-canada/

I'd consider buying one - the main reason I was considering a lease was because the US Sport wasn't exactly what I wanted. The Canadian version is.

geolemon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yep, mine comes with I think everything the US EX Trim does, so mine has Remote start as well.
Very cool... Except the remote starter probably works in meters rather than feet. :-D

Giltibo

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Accord Coupe 5MT. '18 Civic Sport Touring 6MT (Both Red!)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
One of the problems is that Honda Canada and American Honda forbid their dealerships to sell to people from the other country... Plus you lose the warranty... and many parts are not interchangeable...
Sponsored