Civicboomer

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Replacing the valve stem is easy with the removal tool. No " gluing" needed. You don't even have to remove the tire if you support it with a jack. You do need a air compressor. T
The tool you can probably get at Autozone etc.
Sponsored

WF19

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan Aegean Blue Metallic; 2003 Pontiac Vibe (just sold)
Country flag
There's also a simple tool you can get at any auto store or Walmart to tighten the valve stem.

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
The two prior posts are referring to the valve core, not the part you see connected to the wheel. I've had one or two leaking because they were loose and only needed tightening with the valve core tool being referred to.

Civicboomer

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Thanks. I'm old and forgot what it's called! The core.

derbo904

Keeper of Blinky lights
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 | 11 E90M3
Country flag
Since I had America’s tire do an inspection twice, I’d hope it wasn’t missed both times. But I can try the soap water and see what happens.
I'm not saying your local America Tire is the same, but my local one was unable to find a bent in my wheel after going there twice. Another shop was able to find the bent in the rim. (This isnt on my civic) Bring it to another shop for a second opinion.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
Isnt it odd though to only be that one tire that is constantly low while the rest are okay?
Of course it's leaking faster than the others, but if it's a slow leak that causes several psi drop over a period of months it may be hard to find. You would need to put a clear soapy solution on and then wait for at least several minutes to look for a spot of tiny white bubbles with a magnifying glass. You could also put the whole wheel in a tub of water. Another solution is to just check and correct the pressure as needed every month or couple of weeks or so and wait until it leaks more.

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I'm in this exact situation. Since my PS3+ were installed, one tire loses about 1 psi a week, the others stay the same cold (when adjusted for ambient temperature change). Will have Honda fix when I have to visit for next inspection or maintenance. I know, a PIA but covid-19 does strange things.

S60doc

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic HB Sport
Country flag
I have also 2018 hatcback(sport). I got mine 2020 January. After I got the car tpms light came on. I checked all tires, front left was 2psi lower. But tpms light comes on only highway driving. Anyway i got my tires replaced 2 months ago. Since then I drove 2 hours to visit my friend last Wednesday, tpms light came on again. I checked all tires again there wasn't big difference. Only rear left was 1 psi lower. i reseted tpms, so far no issues. We may have a problem with our tpms. But since I have sport model which has indirect tpms, it's really not helpful. So I got tire pressure checker, I check tires once of month.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
I have also 2018 hatcback(sport). I got mine 2020 January. After I got the car tpms light came on. I checked all tires, front left was 2psi lower. But tpms light comes on only highway driving. Anyway i got my tires replaced 2 months ago. Since then I drove 2 hours to visit my friend last Wednesday, tpms light came on again. I checked all tires again there wasn't big difference. Only rear left was 1 psi lower. i reseted tpms, so far no issues. We may have a problem with our tpms. But since I have sport model which has indirect tpms, it's really not helpful. So I got tire pressure checker, I check tires once of month.
You got it right, to a responsible car owner the TPMS is not helpful at all. When it works as designed, it comes on too late. To ride on optimally inflated tires all the time, you need to check and correct the tire pressures before the TPMS light comes on.

Vic_L

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
10th Gen Civics DON'T actually have TMPS sensors.
(Unless you put them on yourself as aftermarket, or something)
E.g. these:
Honda Civic 10th gen 2018 Hatchback: Constant Tire Pressure Loss, No Leak 1605577065677

Instead, the reading is coming from the ABS sensor via rotational speed of the tire.
If one tire is under/over inflated, the speed will be different from the other three tires.
TMPS light / warning triggers.

As for OP, the easier, and cheapest solution to try and FIND the leak is to use soapy water.
Put in dishwashing detergent...or car was soap + water into a spray bottle...
Find where the air bubbles are coming from.

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
This is similar to the ones on our 9th Generation Civics and are about $130 each if the dealer has to find and fix!

OP
OP

Bblue2005

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda civic
Country flag
Well not the best news, but I will see what I can do at this point. I haven’t had a chance go try the soap water yet or get the pressure checked and see if the leak still seems apparent.
If no bubbles from the soapy water, I’ll have to see if the stem is an issue.

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Country flag
If you can't find a leak in the tire, you should look at the rim next. over inflate the tire off the vehicle and spray the whole thing with soapy solution.

That 's a good tire Shop must also check .
Bblue,
See other tire shop than Americas Tire

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
... I haven’t had a chance go try the soap water yet or get the pressure checked and see if the leak still seems apparent. If no bubbles from the soapy water, I’ll have to see if the stem is an issue.
Soapy water is also used to check for leaks anywhere - tire, sidewall, rim, valve stem, and, if you remove the cap, the valve core. The soapier the mix the easier it is to see even a fairly slow leak - it could take a number of seconds but the soapy bubbles will expand quicker or burst when over a leak. Us old-timers just spit on the suspected item/area.
Sponsored