Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 Sport Touring, 20 Audi Q3 Progressiv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I did that, nothing.

Thanks appreciate the patience.

EDIT: Nevermind, it finally worked. IDK it went back-and-forth, tried it three times. Fourth time is a charm? LOL

Thanks again!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Mocha90210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Anybody know what happens if you turn off the car halfway through the update?

OP
OP
PhotoVoltaire

PhotoVoltaire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anybody know what happens if you turn off the car halfway through the update?
If I had to guess, I'd say you'd probably be without a map. Hopefully the Garmin interface would still be there, so you could go in and start the update over again.

Mocha90210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
If I had to guess, I'd say you'd probably be without a map. Hopefully the Garmin interface would still be there, so you could go in and start the update over again.
Ya, I was hoping the answer would be that it would simply roll back to the previous version. But I’m not holding my breath. I’ll give it a try over Christmas.

joe2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Thanks for the alert. I just finished updating mine. Worked fine using AUX mode, without starting the engine. [Just gotta make sure you don't drain your battery by letting it sit too long.]

John
Hello,

What version did you download? I had last updated my maps around Dec 2016.

Mocha90210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Thanks for the alert. I just finished updating mine. Worked fine using AUX mode, without starting the engine. [Just gotta make sure you don't drain your battery by letting it sit too long.]

John
How long did it take in auxiliary mode?

JohnOCFII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Touring; 2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
Hello,

What version did you download? I had last updated my maps around Dec 2016.
I downloaded version 2018.0. Based on the base note to this string, I'd guess it was released in September 2017.

joe2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I don't remember specifically. It was within the time suggestions in the Garmin instructions. I'd guess the car was in Auxiliary mode for 20-40 minutes -- maybe less.
Thanks - Mine got installed in 11-12minutes while i drove to work. Last year it had taken around 15-20mins.

mno86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Hey guys,

I'm having some trouble here. I've always used a 16GB USB storage device to update my Garmin maps in my 2016 Civic Touring.

Now, it's telling me it doesn't have enough space and that I need to use an SD Card. I don't even know where/how you would plug that in to upgrade the maps on our cars - this is frustrating that I have the USB stick with exactly the space Honda specifies (16GB, no more, no less) and now I have to figure out an alternative with very little help from Garmin.

joe2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Hey guys,

I'm having some trouble here. I've always used a 16GB USB storage device to update my Garmin maps in my 2016 Civic Touring.

Now, it's telling me it doesn't have enough space and that I need to use an SD Card. I don't even know where/how you would plug that in to upgrade the maps on our cars - this is frustrating that I have the USB stick with exactly the space Honda specifies (16GB, no more, no less) and now I have to figure out an alternative with very little help from Garmin.
Make sure there is nothing else on the USB. Maybe you have the old maps still on there occupying some space?

OP
OP
PhotoVoltaire

PhotoVoltaire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey guys,

Huh, that's odd. I've seen that error before, but only when updating a Garmin Nuvi, which has an SD slot. Are you getting this error on your PC? I would probably just format the flash drive and start over. 16GB should be more than enough.
Sponsored