Brisco

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean Blue Civic Touring
Country flag
Soo. That was a no go. It didn’t work. Have had lights on all morning for the ACC and the one mitigation. Most of the way into work was ok. Maybe lost the peddle slightly once but was good for the rest of the trip. 15 mins in to my 20 min trip the rest of the lights we’re back. Great fun. Dealer tried to have me wait until Wednesday so I insisted on dropping it off today and getting a loaner car. Luckily they just had a loaner come back today. I’ll update once I know more.
Sponsored

Igal84

First Name
Igal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 1.5T
Country flag
Strange, you disconnected the battery and plugged in and it continues? - Maybe the problem on the computer itself. And what about fuel dilution? It can also trigger system alerts.

OP
OP
Brisco

Brisco

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah. They’re looking into that when they have it now. I was given a 2018 Accord Touring. I might not give it back.

OP
OP
Brisco

Brisco

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
They’ve had my cam for 3 days now. I called for an update and they just said that they didn’t have one. How could they not have one unless they didn’t bring it in yet. They said I could expect to have this Accord past the weekend.

OP
OP
Brisco

Brisco

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I thought I had success with a repair they did finally. First they gave it back to me and said it’s not reproducible. That was a Friday. Saturday it was undrivable. Monday I brought it back with all the codes and waited with the car running for an hour till they opened. I had them bring it in right away and test it. They found a bad brake switch code in the system. They changed that and gave it back. Car worked great. For the weekend. Monday morning going to work pulling out of my driveway only the acc and lane mitigation warnings came on. Nothing else. I got to work and it sat for the day. After work everything cleared when started up. Drove home and no issues.

Next morning 6:20 am the same thing happened. After work the the system cleared again. Today (Saturday) 3pm I drove it for the first time and not an issue. Just after 6pm dusk and getting darker by the minute I went to drive home and the acc and lane mitigation warnings came on and 5 minutes later the original problem with all the rest in this new video came on. I’m 99% sure it has something to do with the dark now. The same issues are there but only get triggered when it’s dark. Does this make sense? Like the camera can’t see in the dark or the light sensors are shot?

I’m going to tape up the sensors tomorrow during the day after a successful trip in the light without problems and see if I can’t reproduce something.
It’s starting to make me mad that this is happening.

Please don’t tell me to pull the battery terminals. It does not solve this problem.

OP
OP
Brisco

Brisco

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Here is an update. The dealership had my car again since Monday 3pm. They called me today and said the same code was showing in the system about a faulty brake switch. Honda tech support experts asked about mods in the brake circuit. They saw I had rear marker LEDs installed. I had them on a pretty easy to disconect t connector that I robbed from an expensive trailer wiring harness. They called me about disconnecting it and I said go ahead because it was plug and play. They also swapped my brake light and high brake light LEDs back to stock and tested again and the code didn’t show up. I have yet to test it but they said that’s what they found.

I’ll test it over the weekend and let you all know what happened.

If this is the problem it makes sense that when I HD a car wash in -20c weather some water got where it normally would have drained away before it froze and cracked something. I think water got into those aftermarket cheap led markers and was causing a short. The last 2 days that it was raining were the worst for the issues.

Maze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Here is an update. The dealership had my car again since Monday 3pm. They called me today and said the same code was showing in the system about a faulty brake switch. Honda tech support experts asked about mods in the brake circuit. They saw I had rear marker LEDs installed. I had them on a pretty easy to disconect t connector that I robbed from an expensive trailer wiring harness. They called me about disconnecting it and I said go ahead because it was plug and play. They also swapped my brake light and high brake light LEDs back to stock and tested again and the code didn’t show up. I have yet to test it but they said that’s what they found.

I’ll test it over the weekend and let you all know what happened.

If this is the problem it makes sense that when I HD a car wash in -20c weather some water got where it normally would have drained away before it froze and cracked something. I think water got into those aftermarket cheap led markers and was causing a short. The last 2 days that it was raining were the worst for the issues.

Was this ever resolved? My 2016 Civic Touring was taken to the dealership Friday with the same issues. All warning lights coming on when it was started. Went into limp-mode. Everything is stock. Honda has serviced it since I bought it. We have had and extremely cold, snowy winter. Battery died three times. This happened the last time it died.

OP
OP
Brisco

Brisco

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Mine was resolved. It was my aftermarket rear bumper lights. Cracked and let water in. Cause the issues. My guess is that it’s your battery that’s causing the issues.
Sponsored