Brisco

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean Blue Civic Touring
Country flag
This just happened. I stepped on the gas at a green light. Not hard. The acceleration dropped away and came back. It did it again at the next light and a lot of alarms lit. Any ideas?

Sponsored

PhilF

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV EX-L Platinum White Pearl/Ivory, 2020 CRV EX-L Crystal Black Pearl/Grey
Country flag
This just happened. I stepped on the gas at a green light. Not hard. The acceleration dropped away and came back. It did it again at the next light and a lot of alarms lit. Any ideas?

Try a restart, if you still get the messages, drive to nearest dealer, if not drivable call Honda Roadside Assistance, covered under 3/36 warranty. Let us know what happens?

OP
OP
Brisco

Brisco

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It did it right out front of a dealership. I pulled over and shut off the car. I restarted it and the codes popped up right away. I acknowledged them and drove to the dealership. It sat there for 10-15 minutes and a guy went out to look at it. The codes didn’t pop up. I drove it away and it’s ok right now. He gave the radar panel a wipe. He thinks it was that. I can see how a dirty radar panel could cause some issues but it wasn’t as dirty as it has been. I just had a car wash yesterday. I’m thinking it might have been that but I’ve been driving all over this morning and it just happend out of nowhere.

PhilF

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV EX-L Platinum White Pearl/Ivory, 2020 CRV EX-L Crystal Black Pearl/Grey
Country flag
Great place to have a problem! I've noticed when I wash my Touring, I get various lights flashing (externally) when I either hydrospray it or hand wash, apparently those sensors are "sensitive" Hopefully that cleaning resolves your problems.

OP
OP
Brisco

Brisco

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
That flashing you’re noticing
Great place to have a problem! I've noticed when I wash my Touring, I get various lights flashing (externally) when I either hydrospray it or hand wash, apparently those sensors are "sensitive" Hopefully that cleaning resolves your problems.
I get also. When I get close to the handles with the water. The keys are usually in my pocket and it thinks I touched them.

OP
OP
Brisco

Brisco

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I’ll have to see if this happens again. It’s hard for me to believe a bit of dirt in front of the radar panel cause that since it has been much dirtier without this type of issue.

The brakes didn’t apply as if it thought I was too close to someone. There was no “BRAKE” warning. Just a bunch of dinging. At first I thought I popped a clamp on the intake but doesn’t appear so.

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
This is just my common sense, but if that happened because of a dirty radar panel, then we'd be seeing a lot more of this issue on these forums. It was definitely something else that went wrong imho. You could drive the car some more and see if it repeats itself again and if it does, that's when you take it to the dealer and tell them you're not taking the car back till the issue is 100% sorted.

OP
OP
Brisco

Brisco

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Happened again this morning. Initially only a couple of alarms and then I was able to set up my camera and at the 8 1/2 minute mark you’ll see a whole bunch of alarms again. I’m putting the videos on YouTube so I can actually send the dealership the link because they didn’t want to look at my phone the last time I was in there.

OP
OP
Brisco

Brisco

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yesterday Saturday it was 0C, wetter than it’s been in a while and I took it to the store. I almost thought I wasn’t going to make it. Every time I stepped on the gas it was like the TPS and the foot pedal were out of sync. I would step on the gas a quarter of the way and loose acceleration. If I slowly pushed the pedal to the floor it would be dead until I touched the floor and it would pickup as if sensing WOT.

Today the lights cleared. All the things worked that we’re in problem mode but I still had an intermittent peddle issue. No lights and no engine lights while having the peddle issue.

At this point I can’t trust the vehicle.

Has anyone had an issue similar to this in a 10th gen civic?

Igal84

First Name
Igal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 1.5T
Country flag
Try to disconnect the battery and connect - reset the car's computer. I've seen this problem before

Scathe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Try to disconnect the battery and connect - reset the car's computer. I've seen this problem before
Agreed. I had a problem with my infotainment system. It wouldn't come on and flashed blue and green whenever I tried using it. None of the reset instructions worked (such as turning the car off and back on, or holding down the brightness button + power button simultaneously for 30 seconds). I didn't unplug the battery, but pulled the fuse to cut power to it for about 1 minute, and the issue was resolved. Often times resetting things via a full power cycle fixes a lot of issues.

OP
OP
Brisco

Brisco

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Agreed. I had a problem with my infotainment system. It wouldn't come on and flashed blue and green whenever I tried using it. None of the reset instructions worked (such as turning the car off and back on, or holding down the brightness button + power button simultaneously for 30 seconds). I didn't unplug the battery, but pulled the fuse to cut power to it for about 1 minute, and the issue was resolved. Often times resetting things via a full power cycle fixes a lot of issues.

Cool guys. Thanks. I’ll try that. The fuse was under the hood I assume? Was it one of the larger ones?

OP
OP
Brisco

Brisco

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I see it’s a 125 amp fuse. I’ll do it in the morning and see what happens. Thank again.

Scathe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Cool guys. Thanks. I’ll try that. The fuse was under the hood I assume? Was it one of the larger ones?
That was just for the infotainment system. For your issue, I'd recommend disconnecting the negative battery terminal for 60 seconds.

Igal84

First Name
Igal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 1.5T
Country flag
Disconnect the battery for 30-60 seconds and return the cables - the problem should get rid of - Do not mess with fuses as long as they are not burned.
Sponsored