2018 Civic Sport 6MT Hatchback - Aftermarket Radio Installation, reverse camera INOP

TurbSi

First Name
Zdravko
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport (6MT)
Country flag
Hey guys so recently I purchased my 2018 Civic Hatch Sport 6MT and upgraded my stock head unit (LX style, 5" screen). After connecting all the wires and harnesses got put back together, I come to find out that with the 6MT, you need to have a trigger signal for reverse... at least that is what I am being told through Crutchfield. The radio in question is the BE7ACP Boss system. Car-play and bluetooth works, and steering wheel controls need to be programmed correctly, but not having reverse come on when in reverse is my issue. How would I go about this?
Sponsored

OP
OP
TurbSi

TurbSi

First Name
Zdravko
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport (6MT)
Country flag
So after getting ahold of Crutchfield, they will be sending me a new XVSI-1731-NAV device, we might be onto the idea that the current one is bad. We went over all my work, and have everything correctly wired in. Praying it's just that, because it will suck if it isn't the case. Hopefully I can give an answer on Monday or Tuesday.
*I did do the tapping into the wire on the green connector under the dash as stated in a previous post, and still no luck, hence why we believe the device is faulty.*