First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Modern transmission, no need to double clutch, nothing gained for doing so AFAIK
But is sooo fun! It makes me feel alive and hopeful again!
Sponsored

DoubleDown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
When I first bought my car, it came with 12 miles on the odometer, and smelled like burnt clutch. I know they flogged my car for a few joy rides, which is why I believe my engine sounds abnormally louder than normal. I haven't smelled anything burning since.

manesag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Hatch Sport Manual
Country flag
Mine has the burning smell if I beat on it for a bit, no oil burn or anything and its definitely not a burning clutch smell. 2018 Hatch Sport 6mt

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Country flag
My engine is stock. I do have an multi plug port plugged in the cig lighter port. I wonder if thats whats causing the burning smell. But it only happens sometimes. If it were damaged, I would smell it all the time I would guess.
" If it were damaged, I would smell it all the time I would guess" NO

Disconnect them to see

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Country flag
I smelled it on my car a couple of times (2018 Si). I also would notice that smell in my 6th gen LX. Never had a problem with it, though. It smelled like burning transformer.
I had this happen to me once when the car was about a month old. I was slowly traveling along in light traffic, then stopped for a light. I smelt a transformer like burning and immediately thought I did something wrong with my clutch, but I don't think I did

cheppeg

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I noticed this smell happening to me too but I always had thought it was trailers in front or a car. But nope I was on a back road alone and the smell kept coming and going and I know it’s not the clutch at all. It’s just weird how it comes then goes. Looked over everything and everything seems fine so hopefully it ain’t nothing bad.

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
When I first bought my car, it came with 12 miles on the odometer, and smelled like burnt clutch. I know they flogged my car for a few joy rides, which is why I believe my engine sounds abnormally louder than normal. I haven't smelled anything burning since.
I wouldn’t believe that. Dealerships know not to go hard on brand new cars. The cars get test driven by the factory to ensure everything is working properly, then shipped to the dealership and driven around the lot for pre-inspections and display.

They usually have 10-20 miles on them by the time the customer drives them off the lot.

If some punk ass tech took the car down the street, dropped the clutch and screamed it off the rev limiter with 10 miles on the ODO, they wouldn't have a job very long.

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
2018 Civic Sport owners. Have you experienced a burning smell happening at random times while driving. I've noticed at times a burning smell coming in the cabin and cannot pinpoint where it is coming from. I've checked all around the car and could not find the culprit. Has anyone else experienced this? I understand there are coatings and oils that burn off after a few weeks from new cars and this is not the case since I've been owning the car since Feb.
I have noticed a burning smell in my car after driving my Si a bit hard just a couple of times. Each time, the smell has gone away quickly, and I park and get out of the car, pop the hood, look underneath the car and smell absolutely nothing.

It could be something burning outside or a car in front of you, I don’t know.

The last time it happened was shortly after I had just changed my MTF myself, so when this happened I got scared and cracked the check bolt open and looked at all the seals to make sure there were no leaks.

Burning smells are not uncommon coming from other vehicles or somebody burning something nearby. I wouldn’t worry about it.

It could be the clutch getting hot, which is normal as long as you aren’t excessively riding the clutch and doing damage to it. It’s a friction material similar to brake pads. You can cook your brake pads pretty good with some hard braking and get a very strong smell from them, but still work just fine.

DoubleDown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
I wouldn’t believe that. Dealerships know not to go hard on brand new cars. The cars get test driven by the factory to ensure everything is working properly, then shipped to the dealership and driven around the lot for pre-inspections and display.

They usually have 10-20 miles on them by the time the customer drives them off the lot.

If some punk ass tech took the car down the street, dropped the clutch and screamed it off the rev limiter with 10 miles on the ODO, they wouldn't have a job very long.
I bought my car at Downtown LA Honda, where cars are kept at 3 different parking lots that are located several blocks from the dealership.
Sponsored