2018 Civic Si Wont Start

Averia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
If you are doing everything right, and it's not working then jump start it with booster cables. I'd imagine you've drained the battery at this point anyway from all the failed start attempts.

The battery in my '14 Si was problematic from day one. And I bought it brand new. Brought it to the dealer, they said no issues found and tagged me with a $100 "diagnostic fee". Even with full new car warranty, they still find ways to bend you over. I continued to have intermittent issues. Replaced the battery myself with a new one from Costco, problem solved.
Yes the Costco one is going strong. The original died after 11 months with never having any extraneous drain. The stock in my JGC diesel is still running strong after 4 yrs even with some drains. Didn't bother with Honda not worth the trip to the dealer to fight over $100.
Sponsored

Just4fun

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si sedan
Country flag
I just purchased a 2018 Civic Si from a Honda dealer, certified preowned. Drove it off the lot just fine and took it home. Went to go start it again the same day and only the dash and infotainment turn on. This is my first manual car, dont roast me, but after pushing in the clutch and hitting the start engine button many times it never cranked the engine. No sure what I am doing wrong but I asked a ton of people and they all say I am doing everything right. The battery should be fine as the car had no problem starting at the dealer, I was able to connect my phone and play music no problem etc. After hitting the start/stop the dash says to push in the clutch + start/stop button but it does nothing. Also I am unable to to release the parking break. The car has 15k miles and is under warranty.
Ur batterry is weak sometimes at the dealership the car seat there for a while without starting the car the battery drain. Try to jump start it see if it start if not take it to the dealership the car still under warranty.

Nickthewaffler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic FK7, 2016 Panamera, 2000 AP1 S2000
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is one of the thing I genuinely dislike about this car and the Type R. The electronic handbrake is dumb and if your battery dies you can't turn it off. I feel like it'd be fine if the automatic cars had the electronic parking brakes and the manual ones had a manual lever like normal.
Fun Fact, to disable an electronic break on a car when the battery died, push the lever in the opposite direction and hold it there for a few seconds before pulling it in the direction to disable it. This will work 99% of electronic ebrake cars and does work on all civic models!

MutatedMango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Si FC3
Country flag
Fun Fact, to disable an electronic break on a car when the battery died, push the lever in the opposite direction and hold it there for a few seconds before pulling it in the direction to disable it. This will work 99% of electronic ebrake cars and does work on all civic models!
Wow this is good to know! Hopefully I'll never have to use this info but if I do I'm glad I know it. Thanks man

Nickthewaffler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic FK7, 2016 Panamera, 2000 AP1 S2000
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wow this is good to know! Hopefully I'll never have to use this info but if I do I'm glad I know it. Thanks man
Yep just had to use it since jump starting my battery didn't work, so I had to tow it to a mechanic. Parking break was still on so I spent an hour figuring it out online.
Sponsored