Sgtbaker420

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Thanks Epoe. I chose to unplug the factory sub altogether.

I would imagine that not using the sub line for input may cut out some very low end (35-50htz) due to crossover. As you said the sound at that low a frequency is subjective to the listener and music listened to. I have listened to rap, death metal, NPR, hard rock, Phish, Ghost, and some hard core EDM. They all sound great on that Rockford Fosgate. A 5000% increase in sound in the low end, and I highly recommend it to anyone who may come across this thread!
Sponsored

OP
OP
IvanJonn

IvanJonn

First Name
Ivan Jonn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Hey, sorry I haven't kept up on this thread. Got real busy for me. Can someone who got the Rockford Fosgate that doesn't have any sound issues show me their setup and how they wired it? Thanks! I kind of wanna get this done soon now since I have time.

Triple_peaz

Brother Taresa
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda civic si sedan, 2016 Honda pilot
Country flag
What is the positive and negative wires for the factory sub?

highboltage55

First Name
Scotty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I just picked up the P300 after doing some reviews, evaluation of what setup I want, and after reading this thread.

I don't mind the system as a whole, I just felt the Bass was lacking at higher volumes. When I listen to some bands like As I lay Dying or Parkway Drive for example, the double bass doesn't "click" and "punch"/cut through. TBH my system in my '04 Corolla sounds better to my ears...

Anyways I know nothing about Car Audio install, how much would a job like this relatively cost? I am assuming I will go the same route and bypass the factory Sub.

Anyone know a good place in SoCal or LA?

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
I just picked up the P300 after doing some reviews, evaluation of what setup I want, and after reading this thread.

I don't mind the system as a whole, I just felt the Bass was lacking at higher volumes. When I listen to some bands like As I lay Dying or Parkway Drive for example, the double bass doesn't "click" and "punch"/cut through. TBH my system in my '04 Corolla sounds better to my ears...

Anyways I know nothing about Car Audio install, how much would a job like this relatively cost? I am assuming I will go the same route and bypass the factory Sub.

I should have got into the Car Audio business... must be like shooting fish in a barrel.

Seriously, you went out and bought a P300, without knowing anything about Car Audio Install, or what it will take to install this in your 2018 Si. ? :doh:

I assume when you say P300, you mean a P300-10 or P300-12 Powered SubWoofer.

I would suggest you watch a few YouTube videos, about installing Powered SubWoofers , so you can appreciate what it takes -- then you will be better equipped to evaluate what the Car Audio Installers are quoting you.

Knowledge is Power :(

OP
OP
IvanJonn

IvanJonn

First Name
Ivan Jonn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Hey guys, so it's been awhile but I finally ordered a Rockford Fosgate P300-12.

Just have a few questions on the install if anyone out there will see this response to the thread.

1. Where on the chassis is a good spot for the ground connection? I would like to keep it hidden, probably along the path with the power wire and not somewhere in the trunk.
2. With the factory speakers, what do you guys have set for the Gain and Crossover?
3. Would it be better to get signal from 1 speaker and the factory subwoofer? Or just the factory subwoofer alone?

Thanks guys! If anyone could post pictures of their setup that would really help.

Sitio23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 EX Civic
Country flag

Bristol Sound in SoCal did my install of the P-300 and LC2i. It sounds amazing! The shop definitively knows their stuff and it was a pretty clean install. I did my research, bought all wiring and equipment needed so they only charged me for the install. They also give you a discount if you pay in cash!

Si_NSX904

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Good timing! Yesterday in fact. Install looks clean. Sound is amazing. Way, way, way more powerful than I had expected. No need for the LC2i.
20180422_154712.jpg

20180422_154725.jpg

20180422_154718.jpg
Not sure if I missed it in an earlier post, but do you have a upgraded sub in the OEM sub spot? If so, what sub is it and is it plug and play? If not, do you know what sub is a direct OEM replacement or can I just put a larger sub type speaker there?

MatTical

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2022 Passport Trailsport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen 2018 Civic Si Sedan Subwoofer Upgrade 20200724_151124_HDR
Honda Civic 10th gen 2018 Civic Si Sedan Subwoofer Upgrade 20200724_151109_HDR
Honda Civic 10th gen 2018 Civic Si Sedan Subwoofer Upgrade 20200724_151116_HDR

Somebody help! I have no idea what I did wrong. I still get signal to the factory sub. The amp gets power. DC Offset is the only setting that powers the unit (Audio setting the light doesn't turn on). I'm thinking I got a dud. I even unscrewed the amp to make sure the speaker was connected in the box. Hopefully it's something stupid I did and I don't have to send this thing back.

Sgtbaker420

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Looks like you're using the lines from your sub as input to the unit. Gotta run the input from the left or right speakers. Just disconnect the factory sub. It's garbage.

MatTical

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2022 Passport Trailsport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looks like you're using the lines from your sub as input to the unit. Gotta run the input from the left or right speakers. Just disconnect the factory sub. It's garbage.
Thanks. The grey and white wire pairs were spliced wrong. As soon as that was fixed it worked. I'm with ya, the factory sub just makes the new one sound worse.

OP
OP
IvanJonn

IvanJonn

First Name
Ivan Jonn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
20200724_151124_HDR.jpg
20200724_151109_HDR.jpg
20200724_151116_HDR.jpg

Somebody help! I have no idea what I did wrong. I still get signal to the factory sub. The amp gets power. DC Offset is the only setting that powers the unit (Audio setting the light doesn't turn on). I'm thinking I got a dud. I even unscrewed the amp to make sure the speaker was connected in the box. Hopefully it's something stupid I did and I don't have to send this thing back.
Yes I agree with the above, try changing the signal to the left or right speaker. Mine is also set to only turn on with the DC offset, so that it turns on when it receives power which is when the key ignition is on.
Thanks. The grey and white wire pairs were spliced wrong. As soon as that was fixed it worked. I'm with ya, the factory sub just makes the new one sound worse.
Nice, yeah I was going to suggest checking up the wires also. And yup, the frequencies that the sub receives aren't the ones you want for the aftermarket sub. They just sound muddy, there's much more wiggle room and adjustability with the frequencies that the outer speakers provide.

KOIVUN1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si CBP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Same here. Tried on drivers side and was tighter than I preferred. Wasnā€™t sure if it would muffle it. Glad I didnā€™t cuz you can feel it too much through the passenger seat when I crank it a little more.
Picture are from my ā€˜17 Si
I didnā€™t really do as much to hide the wires as Iā€™d like to. Assumed Iā€™d be adding a short shifter and do it better when I do that.
-S

70C7C6F6-7D1B-48F0-BC0E-5D6B8E283EDF.jpeg

234FD0FE-B39C-419A-B2F7-2C24FE442DF7.jpeg
how did you wire it up? thinking of doing the same in my car.

Bellyup039

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
SERIOUSLY, THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR THIS THREAD!

I think I am going with the CV under the passenger seat. But time will tell. I'll post once I decide to commit. Thanks gang!
Sponsored