2018 Civic SI Sedan Audio Rattles

joepark89

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Sedan
Hi fellow Civic SI owners, I've done my fair amount of research to try and find anyone that has experienced the same thing.

I seem to have a rattle somewhere on the passengers side either towards the A-pillar and/or near the door handle area.

The issue is it seems to be there sometimes, and disappear sometimes. Has anyone experienced this and been able to get rid of it completely?
Sponsored

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Country flag
Hi fellow Civic SI owners, I've done my fair amount of research to try and find anyone that has experienced the same thing.

I seem to have a rattle somewhere on the passengers side either towards the A-pillar and/or near the door handle area.

The issue is it seems to be there sometimes, and disappear sometimes. Has anyone experienced this and been able to get rid of it completely?

A Honda worker forget a tool in the door ?

Plezor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic RS sedan 2016
Country flag

A pillar is notorious for rattles. I had rattles in both of them. Dealers typically remove plastic trim and put some foam behind. It appears to work. Not sure if this will help with your problem but it is worthwhile trying. It is actually easy to remove the trim yourself.

OP
OP

joepark89

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Sedan
A pillar is notorious for rattles. I had rattles in both of them. Dealers typically remove plastic trim and put some foam behind. It appears to work. Not sure if this will help with your problem but it is worthwhile trying. It is actually easy to remove the trim yourself.
Interesting, got it. Mine appears to be next to the door handle towards where the ac vents. I press, and the rattle seems to disappear. Curious what might be there that's doing it, because my understanding is that they use a gigantic felt piece between the plastic door and the metal frame.

Truthfully, I'm iffy about my dealership doing it because I feel like it'll just create more rattles lol.
Sponsored