Justinus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None.
And weren't those like 30k+ lol
2017 Civic Si - 3:14.6
2015 JCW Mini Cooper - 3:15.4

They said the base price for the model they had with the performance options was 33k. May as well spring the extra few bucks for a CTR at that point, it's obvious the brembo brakes and larger engine didn't do it any favors around the track.

After rereading the OPs post a few times, it sounds more and more like they are disappointed with the straight line acceleration. Considering there are no comments about any other performance aspect of the car.

You must have read the power figures. You must have test driven the Si before you bought it. I'm sure you didn't get the same shitty experience I did test driving a used model on the lot that secretly had a tune, misrepresenting the car's factory power.

Buy a ktuner.
Sponsored

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ridgeline RTL-E (Thanks to the CTR markups)
Country flag
This is a post that someone like me with a car with a very unreliable transmission that to build it will cost you around $5K plus makes 19MPGs will do.

TheKevinlyFather

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe (Sold), 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec (SH-AWD)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For what the Si costs, I can't be made to believe that there is a far superior option out there. Everyone has different preferences, which I get. But, under no circumstance would I say this car is garbage or clearly outclassed by another car in the same price range.

Though I have no experience with minis personally, I would still find it hard to believe it's vastly superior to the Si.

healtoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si HFP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi guys I've been driving 18 civic si for about 3months and man what a disappointment. I came from a 2015 mini cooper S that I feel was in every aspect a much better and exciting car to drive.

The Si literally has no power. Its flat and boring (down shift to 3rd at 60mph and feels like a lawnmower). I used to have a 2000 integer GSR and I loved that car (intake headers cat back) the car was fun and never stopped pulling.

Also no one can hear me when I call them using bluetooth audio. They say it sounds like I'm under water or just lots of static. Ive brought it to Honda dealership they replaced the microphone but are uniquely out of clues to what it could be.

IDK I'm very dissapointed with the performance of the car. wondering if anyone else feels this way.
Uh no the car is great. Never had any complaints about BT and I am a road warrior (field sales) so I take a lot of calls from the car. I don’t think the Mini Cooper is a fair comparison. It drives nice but I can tell you after driving 8 hours straight in a mini I wanted to set it on fire, the seats are made of stone.

Anyway opinions are like farts...

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
Hi guys I've been driving 18 civic si for about 3months and man what a disappointment. I came from a 2015 mini cooper S that I feel was in every aspect a much better and exciting car to drive.

The Si literally has no power. Its flat and boring (down shift to 3rd at 60mph and feels like a lawnmower). I used to have a 2000 integer GSR and I loved that car (intake headers cat back) the car was fun and never stopped pulling.

Also no one can hear me when I call them using bluetooth audio. They say it sounds like I'm under water or just lots of static. Ive brought it to Honda dealership they replaced the microphone but are uniquely out of clues to what it could be.

IDK I'm very dissapointed with the performance of the car. wondering if anyone else feels this way.
Yeah, I love Mini coopers. Their engines are the best and last forever. You don't even have to change the oil. My mechanic has been begging me to buy one for some reason...

typemismatch

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A whole farm of Hondas
Country flag
Yeah, I love Mini coopers. Their engines are the best and last forever. You don't even have to change the oil. My mechanic has been begging me to buy one for some reason...
:lol::lol::lol:

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

typemismatch

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A whole farm of Hondas
Country flag
I mean c'mon, they guy was asking for it. A fucking Mini cooper??
I agree with you completely.

Who wants to spend BMW money fixing a hot hatch??

Must be a masochist.

Neps18Si

First Name
P-Low
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan (sold), 2019 Civic Sport Hatch CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

How can you hate this car??? I traded my 2019 Porsche GT2RS for the Si. Best decision I made in my life.

Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Country flag

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

ablueSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
I disagree with you OP. The car has far from "no power." I know you said you had a '15 Mini, but it would be easier to understand your argument if you had expressed it in relative terms.

The Si is a $25k car that does 0-60 in the low 6s on good tires, and that's with a second shift to 60. If it feels THAT slow, then there's a problem with your car. This feels faster than the '05 G35 coupe I owned a while back, and that car wasn't slow. Not only that, the way this car makes power really does pull you back into your seat. It's not overwhelming, but there's more than enough power.

Why don't you just do a tune? And the Si is so much more than it's raw power. Handling? Check. Steering feel? Check.

Status
Not open for further replies.