2018 Civic Si Coupe Subwoofer Issue

mymonkeyballs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si Coupe 2018
Country flag
Hey guys, ever since I got my new 2018 Si Coupe (Canadian version) last year I have been having the subwoofer rattle issues as I'm sure you all heard of. I cannot find anything on how to fix this since there aren't many Canadian Si users on here with the same problem. It seems to have gotten worse over time. I tried putting some memory foam where the subwoofer is but no dice - guess that fix is just for the 4dr. Any recommendations of things to try? Thank you!
Sponsored

Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Country flag
Same issue here. There’s a couple of posts on the audio thread....however, I had the dealer look at it during my last service. They installed some tape backed insulation under the deck but it was still rattling. I ended up stuffing a microfibre towel in there and that stopped most of it until I can do something proper.

OP
OP

mymonkeyballs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si Coupe 2018
Country flag
Same issue here. There’s a couple of posts on the audio thread....however, I had the dealer look at it during my last service. They installed some tape backed insulation under the deck but it was still rattling. I ended up stuffing a microfibre towel in there and that stopped most of it until I can do something proper.
I may try removing the rear deck this weekend and try and fix it myself.. hard to find some info on how to exactly do that.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
My rear deck used to rattle and my doors used to rattle and I fixed the deck by putting rubber stripping between the deck and the mirror. I improved the doors with weather stripping around the speakers but there is still some when the bass hits. Doesn't even have to be crazy loud. This car is annoying when it comes to interior rattles.

ablueSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
I feel for you guys. My dealer fixed my rattle, proactively even, and I've heard only one rattle since.

I consider myself lucky, it was the one major nit I had to pick with the car upon picking it up. But I do recommend just going to a dealer. Multiple, even, if the issue does not get fixed. At least it's free under warranty.
Sponsored