Vampyrplanck

First Name
Leslie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
So I've been casually cruising these forums for a while with the occasional post here or there, but it seems the community is heavily divided on clutches(Except no complaints on CTR Retrofits). So I'm trying to get some opinions from people who have actually used the various clutches available. I am getting a custom tune by Derek, I have the PRL Cobra Race CAI, PRL FMIC, PRL Catless DP/FP combo, and a flex fuel kit. So I need a clutch setup to hold that level of power, I won't be making further power adjustments for awhile.

TSP Spec Propriety Clutch and Flywheel combos
So, from what I'm reading there were issues with this combo causing lockout issues, I spoke with a representative who stated the need to replace the master cylinder also. Looking for reviews with or without master cylinder replacement, after the revision to fix the lockout issue.

Clutch Master FX250-400
I've read a lot of reviews on these, most people seem to be leaning towards less than happy. Why? Is this because they left the stock flywheel? Has anyone tried them with the Clutch Master aluminum flywheel replacement?

Flywheel in general
Finally, how important is it to replace the flywheel? I understand the benefits of the decreased weight, but how big of a difference does it really make?

A final note; How much do people expect to pay for a clutch installation?
Sponsored

caspar21

2018 Civic Si
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
my 2c.
i did the fx300 with factory flywheel.
i noticed;
marginally more pedal pressure is needed.
engagement is not like the factory. it shakes if you try gently engaging as it does not like slipping so you need more rpm and a little more purposefulness when leaving the line.
it is a bit tough to adjust. but once you got it then you can leave it alone.

the lighter flywheel would make the car need even more power to leave the line and make it more rev happy.

i advise not using a used flywheel with a new clutch as it takes much more work to get it to seat properly if not impossible.

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Get the type R retrofit. That's what I'm going with next. Haven't heard a bad review for it and its holds up nicely if you wanna push the platform ;)

I have a fx350 with single mass. It's held up nicely for 25k. But I'll still need a new one soonish. Pedal grabs at the top now, didn't before. No amount of pedal adjustment will change that fact now. Hasn't slipped at WOT yet. But it probably will next week when I dump E85 in. Already run meth injection. And a PRL gtx2860r to boot.

OP
OP
Vampyrplanck

Vampyrplanck

First Name
Leslie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
How do I get ahold of him about the retrofit? That is my main issue on it.

Get the type R retrofit. That's what I'm going with next. Haven't heard a bad review for it and its holds up nicely if you wanna push the platform ;)

I have a fx350 with single mass. It's held up nicely for 25k. But I'll still need a new one soonish. Pedal grabs at the top now, didn't before. No amount of pedal adjustment will change that fact now. Hasn't slipped at WOT yet. But it probably will next week when I dump E85 in. Already run meth injection. And a PRL gtx2860r to boot.

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
How do I get ahold of him about the retrofit? That is my main issue on it.
Shoot k20z3allmotor a message. That's his civicx.com form name.
Sponsored