2018 Civic - need some help

EXT2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2018 EXT
Country flag
Hi everyone, I recently purchased a 2018 Civic EX-T. So far I really like the car. However, I have a few questions and hope you guys can help. Sorry in advance if some of these have been answered.

1 - When I turn the car on, the Audio/Main menu display shows a warning that starts with ( NOTICE ) and then a long paragraph ( The driver is responsible for safe operation....). This screen disappears after a few seconds. Is there a way to stop it from displaying every time? Is there a setting that I can go to to select off?

2 - Once the NOTICE display is gone, the screen switches to the MAIN MENU then 2 seconds later it switches to the last source I was on. So for example, if I was listing to XM radio, turned the car off, when I turn it back on, it will switch to XM and not the MAIN MENU. If I was on a phone call using Blue Tooth, not Car Play, I end the call, turn the car off, then when I turn it on, it displays my Speed Dial list. Is there any way to have it bring up the Main Menu when I start the car instead of displaying the last source I was on? Is there a setting I can switch this on and off?

3 - If I am in park, is there a way to access the backup camera? I know once I place the car in reverse the backup camera comes on, but I was curious if I can activate it while in park.

Thank you all in advance, number 1 and 2 are driving me crazy and I can't find any information in the manual or user guide. I wish you all a happy Thanks Giving.
Sponsored

nuowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic SI
Country flag
I think the answer to all 3 is no.

As to #2, on the '17 I can look at wallpaper instead of the audio source.... and that's what comes back at startup. Pretty sure it's 'normal' behavior to come back to where it was. Not sure what all changes they made to the '18, but reports are that some functionality has been removed.

OP
OP

EXT2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2018 EXT
Country flag
Thank you for your response. It makes sense that the display screen reverts back to that last source. I was just hoping for an option to turn it off. Figured I can enjoy my ( smoke ) wallpaper automatically when the car is turned on instead of selecting the main menu. Thanks again.
Sponsored