Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2018 Hatchback Sport 6-spd Manual
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Hi everyone, I just finished my 2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport LX sound upgrade. I was pretty happy with just a head unit and front speaker swap for a while, but I decided to go all out and get this thing sounding clean.

Installed Components:

Dasaita PX6 Head-unit w/ Civic Trim
EX-Model Tweeter Sail Trim
Infinity Reference 6530CX Components (Front w/ Crossover)
Rocksford Fosgate Prime R165X3 3-Ways (Rear)
Noico 80 mil Sound Deadener Panels

Pictures of Install:

Honda Civic 10th gen 2018 Civic Hatchback Sport LX Sound Upgrade Complete noice_sound

Sizing was pretty loose, manufacturer says about 50% coverage and I read 25-50% is good.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2018 Civic Hatchback Sport LX Sound Upgrade Complete panel_deadener

Noico was easy to install, I used 3 metal roller pack from Amazon to push it down. Pretty significant noise reduction when doing the "tap" test on the outside of the door.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2018 Civic Hatchback Sport LX Sound Upgrade Complete panel_wires01

First door I made the wires a little short for the crossover, but I wanted to route everything along the factory wiring. More pictures of crossover further down.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2018 Civic Hatchback Sport LX Sound Upgrade Complete panel_wires02

Better picture of the wiring running along the factory harness. I used quick disconnects for several points, if I get any issues with water I'll trade them out for something more water tight. But the inside of the door was pretty clean when I went to install so it should be okay.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2018 Civic Hatchback Sport LX Sound Upgrade Complete panel_crossover01

Crossover is hidden in a small empty well inside of the door. This part should stay dry and I did not hear any rattle or issues after driving for a bit.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2018 Civic Hatchback Sport LX Sound Upgrade Complete panel_crossover02

Simple padded foam tape and high temperature tape on the feet to keep it secure on the flat part of the door panel. I used ring terminals rather than wrapping/smashing wires to connect to the crossover.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2018 Civic Hatchback Sport LX Sound Upgrade Complete panel_done01

From LX to EX, door is done! (Panel needs a good wash). The grill that came with the EX sail was nice for hiding the tweeters as compared to the open look.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2018 Civic Hatchback Sport LX Sound Upgrade Complete rear_deadener01

Rear doors with the Rocksford Fosgate Prime 3-ways. I've had these up front for about 1.5 years and they sound fantastic with the upgraded head unit. That black goop Honda seals the plastic piece on the door with is very difficult to work with. It gets absolutely everywhere :(

Honda Civic 10th gen 2018 Civic Hatchback Sport LX Sound Upgrade Complete sound_installed01

2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport LX with proper sound. Needs some good detailing but the sound is so much better.

Thanks for checking out my project!

haltamer

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 (UK / RHD!)
Country flag
Nicely done!

How much of an impact would you say the door panel sound deadening has had on normal road noise?

I've done my inner door card (With deadening material + absorbant foam) as at the time I couldn't be bothered to strip the vapour barriers, but what with the multitude of lockdowns there's time aplenty.

I've done the boot floor, under the rear seats etc so most of the way there already :p - Just wondering if it's worth getting everything out for.

OP
OP
Lucipher

Lucipher

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Thanks! It got rid of a lot of the louder road noises but you still get a decent amount of noise just from the engine and tires. Like when I pass a big truck, it used to be REALLY loud, but now it sounds more like other cars passing by. There's just not a lot of material between you and the engine and tires, so that will never go away. The biggest improvement by far is the noise the doors make when you close the door, that was a big change.

Yeah that vapor barrier goo gets everywhere no matter what you do, just make sure you don't care about whatever clothes are used during the install because it stains everything black.

mixy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX Sedan
Country flag
Do you have a link to where you purchased that head unit? I'd really appreciate it!

OP
OP
Lucipher

Lucipher

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Yeah here's the one I got https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32992517178.html

The latest and greatest version of that headunit is here https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001179750872.html

If I was to do this install again, I don't think I would go with a Dasaita unit honestly. I've had a few crashes (volume maxed out crash noise while driving) and hiccups along the way, and I'm not a huge fan of the screen blocking the air vents in the center console. I would go with a double din that supports Android Auto or Apple CarPlay, and just get the CANBUS adapter for the Civic from Crutchfield.

James3spearchucker

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Nicely done!

How much of an impact would you say the door panel sound deadening has had on normal road noise?

I've done my inner door card (With deadening material + absorbant foam) as at the time I couldn't be bothered to strip the vapour barriers, but what with the multitude of lockdowns there's time aplenty.

I've done the boot floor, under the rear seats etc so most of the way there already :p - Just wondering if it's worth getting everything out for.
Working in the doors makes a massive improvement. I got a super lightweight closed cell foam with adhesive backing and applied it to the door skin. The vapor barrier can be easily moved and put back but I use a cord to suspend it in the air. Then after what I mentioned I use Lexus GS350 door and rear deck insulation by sticking it to door panel with spray glue. So quiet now the Civic can become like a Lexus if you want it to but the 1.5 will still drone a bit. On the underside of car I covered the whole tunnel with DEI tunnel shield. Helps too. I also coated front wheel wells with real wool felt again with waterproof spray glue. It all adds up. Another solution is 11th Gen but for me thats another 15k in money!
Sponsored