First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Hello,

The time has come to replace the lifeless speakers/receiver in the hatch.. I'm planning on DIY and have little experience.

I have been thinking of installing a set tweeters in the front and wanted to know if anyone has done this to their sport hatch. Can we order the OEM tweeter cutouts from Honda and just wire the tweeters from the front speakers? If you have done this, please share your thoughts and steps if you can.

Also installing a new Sony receiver but not sure how the backup camera would connect. I was looking on Crutchfield and they said to install on a manual, I would have to "tap into the reverse analog wire". Would this be a simple plug in or wiring would be needed?

Thank you.
Sponsored

Robot3RK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I've followed John's guide and videos 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Complete 1900W Audio Upgrade | 2016+ Honda Civic Forum (10th Gen) - Type R Forum, Si Forum - CivicX.com as reference. I've only added tweeter panels and aftermarket tweeters and also replaced door speakers on my 2019 Civic Hatchback Sport (Not Touring) CVT. Adding the tweeters is a bit tricky for me since I needed to make the cutout bigger to fit my tweeters and also I needed to drill holes to add in the rear door tweeters. Hope this helps!

Robot3RK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag

TyresseX

First Name
Tyresse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic hatchback sport
Country flag
Not sure if this is like your Sony Receiver thing but I replaced my headunit with this Amazon.com: Dasaita Android 10.0 Car Stereo for Honda Civic 2016 2017 Radio with 9" screen Headunit GPS Navigation & 4GB Ram 64GB Rom Head Unit (Honda Civic 2015 2016 2017): GPS & Navigation and the backup camera works on it. Just make sure your 2018 is a regular Sport and not Sport Touring, otherwise you will have audio issues as this uses analog amp and not digital.
nice wing, where did you get it from?

TyresseX

First Name
Tyresse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic hatchback sport
Country flag
Thank you. I got it from ABS Dynamics eBay Store but you can also get it directly from ABS Dynamics. This is a Type R Wing Replica from ABS Dynamics.
Cool, how much to paint? did you install it yourself?

Robot3RK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Cool, how much to paint? did you install it yourself?
I didn't paint it but I think I bought the painted version for about $380 back then? No, someone else installed it but I had to remove it to fix a crack so technically yes I also did install by reinstall.
Sponsored