OP
OP

nicksaurusrex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
@BrandonSmith Not much yet - finally got my hands on 1 amp fuses. Those things are hard to find. Was talkin with a guy at NAPA who used to install car audio systems about the noise and he’s thinking it could be the computer freaking out with the voltage draw of the amp. He’s gonna take a look at my install tomorrow morning, so I’ll have more to share after.

OP
OP

nicksaurusrex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
@BrandonSmith he looked at my setup and said I’m doing everything right except I should pull 12v power for the LC2i from the amp and I should only ground the LC2i in the trunk instead of pulling power and running ground through the head unit wiring.

The noise wasn’t nearly as bad this morning when turning on the car but he was pretty certain it’s just the fuel pump. He’s done installs on 10th gen Civics and also said I should get a capacitor to put in the 12v line for the amp - that way I don’t kill my battery and my alternator doesn’t get over-worked and crap out in a few months.

I’ll be putting it all back together tomorrow evening to test the system and update again.

OP
OP

nicksaurusrex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Good to hear. How big is your amp to warrant a capacitor?
Actually just hooked it all up right now and sub works! I haven’t started my car since it’s garaged and I couldn’t take a video since I can’t record and play music on my phone at the same time.

The amp says 1,200 watts on the front and I’m thinking that’s max, so it’s probably 500-600 watts RMS. I honestly think it’s too big an amp to only power one 12” sub but I got the amp, sub, and box free from a truck my bro was selling.

He recommended a 1 farad capacitor since he did an install on a 2019 Civic and the battery and alternator had to be replaced after a few months. I guess it’s too much power draw on these Civic batteries and alternators.

The noise is very prominent again like the video I showed you so I’m thinking the power draw of the amp is causing the noise on the alternator - this is purely a guess though.

One question - I’m pulling power for my amp at the fuse box power input shown below. This point is hot with the ignition off but my LC2i and amp shuts off after about 30 seconds - kinda like how the headlights cut off after a short time when you shut the car off. Is this a good point to draw power? I’m wondering if it’ll drain my battery overnight.
Honda Civic 10th gen 2018 Civic Hatchback EX Head Unit Stereo Wiring 04DE96FE-0F5F-4F40-A31F-7A318C8A4E1A

OP
OP

nicksaurusrex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
@BrandonSmith here are my amp specs. It’s a Visonik v718xd. The alternator should be ok handling this but I need to look at my sub ohm rating as well.
Honda Civic 10th gen 2018 Civic Hatchback EX Head Unit Stereo Wiring BFA3CB87-AEDB-40E1-8A9A-E0A760B7C4F6

BrandonSmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX 2.0L
Country flag
Actually just hooked it all up right now and sub works! I haven’t started my car since it’s garaged and I couldn’t take a video since I can’t record and play music on my phone at the same time.

The amp says 1,200 watts on the front and I’m thinking that’s max, so it’s probably 500-600 watts RMS. I honestly think it’s too big an amp to only power one 12” sub but I got the amp, sub, and box free from a truck my bro was selling.

He recommended a 1 farad capacitor since he did an install on a 2019 Civic and the battery and alternator had to be replaced after a few months. I guess it’s too much power draw on these Civic batteries and alternators.

The noise is very prominent again like the video I showed you so I’m thinking the power draw of the amp is causing the noise on the alternator - this is purely a guess though.

One question - I’m pulling power for my amp at the fuse box power input shown below. This point is hot with the ignition off but my LC2i and amp shuts off after about 30 seconds - kinda like how the headlights cut off after a short time when you shut the car off. Is this a good point to draw power? I’m wondering if it’ll drain my battery overnight.
04DE96FE-0F5F-4F40-A31F-7A318C8A4E1A.jpeg
It's no different than connecting directly to the battery terminal. The remote will tell your amp and LOC to turn on and shut off, so it won't drain your battery. Whatever you have as your remote source will dictate how long the amp stays on.

OP
OP

nicksaurusrex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
It's no different than connecting directly to the battery terminal. The remote will tell your amp and LOC to turn on and shut off, so it won't drain your battery. Whatever you have as your remote source will dictate how long the amp stays on.
Cool, that makes sense! Tested my sub and it’s 4.5 ohms so based on my amp’s specs this would put it at a little less than 500 watts RMS. I think the Civic alternator is fully capable of supplying that power.

Thanks again for all the help and I’ll update if anything changes.

BrandonSmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX 2.0L
Country flag
Glad to hear it's up and running! I'm in DFW btw, not sure what part of TX you're in

You inspired me to put a sub in my Civic lol I'm going with a Cerwin Vega underseat sub (VPAS10) because I don't need much bass, just enough. Spent ALL day doing the wiring. Took both front seats out and ran the wiring under the carpet. What a day.

OP
OP

nicksaurusrex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Glad to hear it's up and running! I'm in DFW btw, not sure what part of TX you're in

You inspired me to put a sub in my Civic lol I'm going with a Cerwin Vega underseat sub (VPAS10) because I don't need much bass, just enough. Spent ALL day doing the wiring. Took both front seats out and ran the wiring under the carpet. What a day.
DFW is crazy big. I’m in San Antonio, so a little smaller and kind of far.

Nice! Yeah, I think just a little bass is enough. This sub right now cranks too hard so I need to tone it down.

It definitely takes some time to do it all right and learn along the way. What Civic do you have?

BrandonSmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX 2.0L
Country flag
DFW is crazy big. I’m in San Antonio, so a little smaller and kind of far.

Nice! Yeah, I think just a little bass is enough. This sub right now cranks too hard so I need to tone it down.

It definitely takes some time to do it all right and learn along the way. What Civic do you have?
2016 EX Sedan

Stoney4life78

First Name
Herb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic hatchback w turbo
Country flag
This is the stereo wiring diagram for a 5-door EX hatchback (FK7). I'm typing what's in the picture so others can find this through search.

Use the Red (A13) for acc as the yellow (A23) is for the rear camera.

If you're wiring the LOC to the front speakers:
FL+ is Light Green (A15)
FL- is Light Blue (A16)
FR+ is Grey (A17)
FR- is Purple (A18)

If you're wiring the LOC to the rear speakers:
RL+ is Blue (A5)
RL- is White (A6)
RR+ is Yellow (A7)
RR- is Brown (A8) - NOTE: There is another brown wire in this connector (A3) so don't mix them up!
1607392349366.png

1607393530876.png

1607393337663.png
Hey! Funny guy! Beo! Thank you so much! I thought I was stepping into shit and you saved the day!

BrandonSmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX 2.0L
Country flag

RiceRiceBabyBoi

First Name
Deven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Ex 1.5LT 4 Door
This is the stereo wiring diagram for a 5-door EX hatchback (FK7). I'm typing what's in the picture so others can find this through search.

Use the Red (A13) for acc as the yellow (A23) is for the rear camera.

If you're wiring the LOC to the front speakers:
FL+ is Light Green (A15)
FL- is Light Blue (A16)
FR+ is Grey (A17)
FR- is Purple (A18)

If you're wiring the LOC to the rear speakers:
RL+ is Blue (A5)
RL- is White (A6)
RR+ is Yellow (A7)
RR- is Brown (A8) - NOTE: There is another brown wire in this connector (A3) so don't mix them up!
1607392349366.png

1607393530876.png

1607393337663.png
would this be the best diagram to follow for the wiring to the factory head unit? i have the exact same model, 4 door EX 1.5LT . i check the trunk and saw that on the right speaker harness there is ( blue and white wire 2 sets of each color ) and on the left there is ( Borwn and yellow wire )