mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
Use Saccucchi Honda, dude. Any authorized Honda can sell you those plans. They will register your car with Honda and send you everything to your address. Then you're covered nationwide.
https://www.saccuccihondacare.com
I did research when I bought my Civic a few months ago.
In Canada, there is no 3rd party extended warranty for Honda or any other brands.
Sponsored

vikz99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX, 2015 Honda Pilot EX-L, 2015 Nissan 370Z Nismo
Country flag
I decided not to get it. the cheapest thing my dealership offered was almost 2.5k cad. if anything happens ima just pay out of pocket. yolo
WOW.... i got mine 7ys/160 for $1400.. what were you getting for $2500?

OP
OP

tye13

First Name
Tye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda civic EX-T 2018
WOW.... i got mine 7ys/160 for $1400.. what were you getting for $2500?
Honestly I decided before going in there ima turn down whatever they offer, so I barely heard them out before saying no. I also didn’t negotiate at all. I’ve had bad experiences with warranties in the past and did research into whether it is worth it or not

vikz99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX, 2015 Honda Pilot EX-L, 2015 Nissan 370Z Nismo
Country flag
Honestly I decided before going in there ima turn down whatever they offer, so I barely heard them out before saying no. I also didn’t negotiate at all. I’ve had bad experiences with warranties in the past and did research into whether it is worth it or not
I dont blame yah.. most of Ontario dealerships hardly negotiate, and they use the excuse of " ohh if you found it cheaper there, then go buy it there". With that attitude.. love to see how their service department is..

But Honda warranty is quite cheap vs lets say Toyota.

Luckyarmpit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 VW Golf R, 2003 Wrangler TJ
Country flag
I have the extended warranty on mine, only because the finance guy drastically reduced the price of it.

chestypuller

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Country flag
man we are going to put around 18000 miles on a year so in 5 years we would be over the 100000 mile mark so extended wont do us any good. we will totally be out of all warrenty in 3 years since its 60000 mile powertrain and 5 years.

n2da2nd

It's Senor Bane to ya
First Name
Nam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I dont blame yah.. most of Ontario dealerships hardly negotiate, and they use the excuse of " ohh if you found it cheaper there, then go buy it there". With that attitude.. love to see how their service department is..

But Honda warranty is quite cheap vs lets say Toyota.
And i thought Canadians are nicer than Americans.

n2da2nd

It's Senor Bane to ya
First Name
Nam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ontario is a special place. People pay like $2500 (Freedom dollars equivalent) per year on car insurance.
Man, i used to want to move to Toronto or Montreal.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
I bought a car repair insurance a.k.a. extended warranty only once decades ago but even then I changed my mind several days later, cancelled and got my money back. But I always try to give any offer a kind consideration. My finance guy back in January this year started from begging me to really look look into it, so I did.

Then I calculated how much I would pay total as he gave it to me as total monthly payments added to car payments for the financed part of the car price, so I had to use a calculator. I said no, thank you. He reduced the price a couple of times, I pulled out my calculator again, took my time, and said no again. The final total was well over $1000 if I remember correctly.

I was sure at that time it was NOT Honda Care but a third party insurance (Honda Care is also insurance, but...).
Is it possible that a Honda dealership would peddle other insurance than Honda Care?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
I bought a car repair insurance a.k.a. extended warranty only once decades ago but even then I changed my mind several days later, cancelled and got my money back. But I always try to give any offer a kind consideration. My finance guy back in January this year started from begging me to really look look into it, so I did.

Then I calculated how much I would pay total as he gave it to me as total monthly payments added to car payments for the financed part of the car price, so I had to use a calculator. I said no, thank you. He reduced the price a couple of times, I pulled out my calculator again, took my time, and said no again. The final total was well over $1000 if I remember correctly.

I was sure at that time it was NOT Honda Care but a third party insurance (Honda Care is also insurance, but...).
Is it possible that a Honda dealership would peddle other insurance than Honda Care?
I couldn’t believe how hard my finance guy tried to sell this to me. Normally it’s a quick pitch, I decline and we move on. By the end he calculated it out to be about $30 tacked onto my car payment. But through 60mos that adds up to $1800. Not that great.

Same as the goddamn coating on the car. I can’t tell you how many times I told the salesman I didn’t want to pay for a gimmicky coating on my car.
Sponsored