2018 civic ext 3” straightpipe before and after!

Coupe-R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Accord 2.0T Sport | '18 Civic EX-T Coupe CVT (destroyed)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just had a local exhaust shop make me a custom 3” full straightpipe exhaust (no mufflers or resonators). The before part of the video was the stock piping with just the 2 mufflers deleted, the after is the full 3” straightpipe.

I have the PRL downpipe/frontpipe combo ordered, very interested to see how sound and performance will be affected since everything will be 3”!

Here’s a link to the video:
Sponsored

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My guess is you will not gain any power, and possibly lose some. Just my two cents.

Acraig3

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic coupe, 1992 Acura integra
I just had a local exhaust shop make me a custom 3” full straightpipe exhaust (no mufflers or resonators). The before part of the video was the stock piping with just the 2 mufflers deleted, the after is the full 3” straightpipe.

I have the PRL downpipe/frontpipe combo ordered, very interested to see how sound and performance will be affected since everything will be 3”!

Here’s a link to the video:
I also have a custom exhaust but decided to go full 2.5in from the catback. These engines should see a fairly steep power increase due to the nature of the turbocharged engine. Please keep us posted.

OP
OP

Coupe-R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Accord 2.0T Sport | '18 Civic EX-T Coupe CVT (destroyed)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I also have a custom exhaust but decided to go full 2.5in from the catback. These engines should see a fairly steep power increase due to the nature of the turbocharged engine. Please keep us posted.
I went with the 3” for the one reason of wanting to match the pipe size of the PRL DP/FP.

I will definitely update this when when I get my PRL DP/FP installed on the 27th. I’m also getting a custom dyno tune the day after, which will should be better than the generic +6psi hondata map I’m running using the flash pro carb. I will update this post with another video if the sound changes and post my dyno results.

Acraig3

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic coupe, 1992 Acura integra
I went with the 3” for the one reason of wanting to match the pipe size of the PRL DP/FP.

I will definitely update this when when I get my PRL DP/FP installed on the 27th. I’m also getting a custom dyno tune the day after, which will should be better than the generic +6psi hondata map I’m running using the flash pro carb. I will update this post with another video if the sound changes and post my dyno results.
Awesome! Let me know how your clutch holds up too and what the power difference feels like. I decided to go with a 2.5 inch downpipe early on so I figured 3 inch exhaust wouldn't be worth it. (Still haven't installed the DP though...) ended up having to grab a clutch and flywheel from clutchmasters due to my E85 tune

cm5157

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Sedan, 2011 Ford Fiesta SES
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sorry to revive a dead thread, but where did you get your flange to mount the 3" pipe to the front pipe? I'm currently running the RV6 DP/FP and a muffler delete, but I also want to go 3" straight pipe. The exhaust shop I went to said I'd need to find the flange to connect the two
Sponsored