2018 Civic Ex-T Remote Start not working (Fixed)

Mike.Reb

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Ex-T
Country flag
Bought this car salvage and had my dads friend fix it up for me. He did a great job with no flaws but I cannot seem to get the remote start to work. Car only came with one key but I have the suspicion that another is hiding inside lost somewhere but I checked every nook and cranny and found nothing. I have tried going into settings and turning the remote start on and off numerous times to no avail. I watched lots of other videos on how to remote start so I know that Im doing it right, Im just not sure why its not working. Any help is appreciated!
Sponsored

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
I'm curious to know if you can start the car without your fob inside it. And does it rapid-beep if you take the fob out of the car while it's running?

OP
OP
Mike.Reb

Mike.Reb

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Ex-T
Country flag
I'm curious to know if you can start the car without your fob inside it. And does it rapid-beep if you take the fob out of the car while it's running?
Thanks for the response! No the car did not start, it gave me a prompt on the dash to bring the key fob near it and did beep as I walked away. Guess there is no second key!

davidgostbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Ex-t 2016
Country flag
How are you doing it?
Click lock button 2 times
Hold down remote start 3 sec

If this doesn’t work probably remote start system is damaged

OP
OP
Mike.Reb

Mike.Reb

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Ex-T
Country flag
How are you doing it?
Click lock button 2 times
Hold down remote start 3 sec

If this doesn’t work probably remote start system is damaged
Yeah this is what ive been doing, exactly how i've seen the people in the videos. Im hoping its something I can fix myself Im trying to avoid going to a technician.

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
The whole system is computer-based for an automatic, isn't it? In my mind; I just see it as a signal from the fob that presses the start button so long as all conditions (e-brake, transmission, doors, etc) are correct. I don't think there's a 'remote starter solenoid' or a 'remote start module', right?

If you have someone else try to remote start it; is there an error message on the dash? A flashing light? An S.O.S. ?

OP
OP
Mike.Reb

Mike.Reb

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Ex-T
Country flag
The whole system is computer-based for an automatic, isn't it? In my mind; I just see it as a signal from the fob that presses the start button so long as all conditions (e-brake, transmission, doors, etc) are correct. I don't think there's a 'remote starter solenoid' or a 'remote start module', right?

If you have someone else try to remote start it; is there an error message on the dash? A flashing light? An S.O.S. ?
I sort of wish it did but it does not. It just doesn't do anything. The little red light on the key fob flashes as if a signal is sent out but the car just simply does nothing.

FK7Build

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
The title says “fixed”. How did you fix it?

OP
OP
Mike.Reb

Mike.Reb

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Ex-T
Country flag
The title says “fixed”. How did you fix it?
Took it to a local shop to have them look at it, It turns out that the hood was mechanically connected but I believe there was some sensor that was disconnected so the computer never registered the hood as actually being closed. Since it thought the hood was open the remote start feature would not activate. The shop told me all they did was plug something back in and it all worked again, and didnt even charge me for the time.
Sponsored